New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Member Intro

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2021, 06:56 PM
Default New Member Intro

Greetings all. New member here from New Mexico, although I've been reading the forums for the last couple of years. My rig is a 2009 Base with 5 spd, which I bought in 2019 with just over 100k miles on it. It's my daily driver, but since I work from home I mostly use it to spend time with my two boys exploring off road trails in the deserts and forests of New Mexico.

I like to do my own maintenance and have been steadily fixing things neglected by prior owners since I bought it. Information on the forums has been invaluable for that! I've also made several upgrades, including AirDoc CAI; PCM of NC Tune; AEM filter; torsion bar level lift, Bilstein's and extended bump stops; Rocky Road rock rails; 285 KO2's; roof basket; and a set of Jobox cargo drawers. Also converted to 7" LED headlights using the adapters from Lased Designs and mounted a cheapo light bar on the bush bar to help light up the night! Still on my list of potential upgrades are Schwarttzy shackles and high clearance shock mounts along with Outfitter Design steering rack reinforcement and heavy duty tie rod upgrades, but I may save those for my next H3. Now that I know more about the brand, I'm lusting after an 09 or 10 Alpha with Adventure or an 09 CE to kick things up a level! Reach out if you happen to know of one for sale at a good price.