New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Member Intro

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2021, 01:47 PM

you cant go wrong with OEM ac delco parts for your ignition. there iridium plugs last well over 100k miles. do the basics. check the air filter. clean the MAF sensor out and the throttle body. make sure you don't have an intake leak. if over 100k miles replace the plugs. the wires rarely go bad but check them i think they should read about 1000 ohms per foot. check the coils for leakage you can spray them with water in a spray bottle and see if they leak the high voltage. you will see the high voltage arcing where it should not. if you have a specific cylinder miss firing then swap it with one of the ones that is not and see if the code switches to that cylinder if it does then bingo you need that coil.

Old 02-23-2021, 03:37 PM

Thanks again for your insight! I watched videos yesterday on MAF, intake, and throttle body cleaning and planned to do that in addition to the plugs/wires. The H2 has 184K miles on it and previous owner said it definitely was due for plugs/wires. It is crazy to me he just drove it to from MO to VA and back with the misfire code. We will check the coil packs this weekend while performing the other tasks. To my benefit the trans and transfer case are only 1.5 years old and have little mileage and wear on them. I will proceed with the AC Delco, would you recommend the platinum or the basic? When researching parts for this model there are more options than for my former Yukon or my current Terrain.

Old 02-23-2021, 08:00 PM

get the iridiums. thats what the engine calls for not platinum they where superseded in a tsb by the iridiums

Old 02-24-2021, 08:34 AM

Will do! Thank you!

Old 02-26-2021, 11:03 PM
Default New Member

Good evening. I'm a new member and this is my first post. I recently bought a 2003 H2 with about 40,000 miles on it in like new condition. Pretty original. It was a doctor's toy. I love the vehicle. It rides and drives like no other truck or SUV. I bought it knowing that the "Right Rear Door Ajar" warning was on. Price was right and didn't want to lose the vehicle. I understand that the BC Module is defective and sending this false warning. My local Chevy dealer says that Chevy doesn't make these BC modules any more. Is this true? If so, does anyone know how to buy an aftermarket one or a rebuilt module?

Old 02-27-2021, 02:33 PM

start at the simpler stuff and check the door for alignment it could have worn hinge bushings, the door switch / locking mech and the wires going through that door for shorts or nicks / breaks.

Old 02-27-2021, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by LL1921
Good evening. I'm a new member and this is my first post. I recently bought a 2003 H2 with about 40,000 miles on it in like new condition. Pretty original. It was a doctor's toy. I love the vehicle. It rides and drives like no other truck or SUV. I bought it knowing that the "Right Rear Door Ajar" warning was on. Price was right and didn't want to lose the vehicle. I understand that the BC Module is defective and sending this false warning. My local Chevy dealer says that Chevy doesn't make these BC modules any more. Is this true? If so, does anyone know how to buy an aftermarket one or a rebuilt module?
Post the vin#