New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello from N.C.!

Old 08-28-2018, 05:50 PM
Smile Hello from N.C.!

I am new here, but I’ve had my H3 for almost 8 years now. It’s a 2006, with all the bells and whistles and I still LOVE it. There isn’t anything out there that has tempted me to get rid of my H3. I have recently decided to try and fix some things on it. And by fix some things, I mean rip it completely apart 😂 I had what I thought was the dreaded sunroof leak issue but is in fact the door trim and a leak around my after market light bar. So, since no one could ever seem to find the problem, I just decided to do it myself. I have taken out the entire headliner, all of the plastic trim in the interior minus the dash...that is my next feat. I’ve taken out the seats and am in the process of removing. The plastic from the backs of them and I am going to spray the entire interior with raptor liner. I have a Tahoe that I’m using as my daily driver, so I’m not going to rush the process. I’ll let the raptor liner cure for as long as it needs to before I re-install it. But my whole point in this is... has anyone done this? The raptor liner, I mean. I am also planning on doing the front and rear bumper, the grill guard, the louvre, the trim pillars and quite possibly the mirrors and the roof rack as well. I thought of just spewing the whole things but I think I may just take it in and get it repainted black instead and leave the raptor liner more for the trim. Any thoughts or suggestions on this?

Old 08-29-2018, 12:14 PM

Welcome to HF

Old 08-31-2018, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HF.

I have seen guys take out the rear seats and rubber cargo pad, then use truck bed liner on that. Got no idea why anyone would gut the interior to spray it with liner and that may be why I've never heard of it yet.

Gonna need pics.

There are a bunch of threads on covering the pillar trim with DupliColor Bed Armor or Truck Bed Coating. My front winch bumper and rock rails are sprayed with Bed Armor.