New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello All Hummer Fans!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2023, 09:12 AM
Default Hello All Hummer Fans!

Hello all Hummer fans, we sure are “Like Nothing Else.”

Im planning an engine/transmission swap so I could utilize the H3 for more rigorous towing and over landing. I have narrowed to the 6.0 and the 4L60E/4L65E from Monster Transmission.

I have searched and searched and searched for any input on fitment/routing issues and TCU/ECU issues along the way.

Anyone have an information regarding this type of swap?

Example Questions:
  • Will I need a custom harness?
  • Does the computer need to be replaced?
  • Custom driveshaft?

Old 01-16-2023, 08:48 AM

There is an H3/H3T swap group on Bookface. They will have your answers.

Old 01-16-2023, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HF. The "New Member Section" is not the place for Tech Questions.

To answer your questions we would need to know what Year & Model H3 you are using to do the motor/trans install, and you can find most of that on faceborg.

Feel free to do a search hear as well.

Last edited by Doc Olds; 01-17-2023 at 09:23 AM.
Old 01-16-2023, 03:46 PM
Default ?

I was instructed by a few helpful moderators on some open and private Facebook groups specifically geared towards this and was told to venture onto this forum to ask these questions.

I guess these threads are just filled with people who could care less about being helpful. Then why run or moderate a page if you’re just going to shew people who have genuine questions away. Maybe I should look for a super duper Hummer h3 group on MySpace. Maybe they’ll send me through hoops and loop and down Route 66 and back again just to say you need to venture else where. If you want to see exactly how great and fair people moderate. Check out my Yahoo Fantasy Football bookface twitter borg Google+ AIM Chat Bot group.

Old 01-16-2023, 03:47 PM

Okay.

Old 01-17-2023, 06:58 AM

There is a group on Bookface dedicated to H3 engine swaps "Hummer H3 Engine Swap".
Many super knowledgeable peeps on there that can assist with pretty much every step including where to source the wire harness and what transmission modifications are needed, etc.
IF you can't find answers there you are not asking the correct questions or are being to vague like your post above where you do not mention the donor engine and year.

Old 01-17-2023, 08:00 AM
Default ?

Understood. Thank you.

Old 01-17-2023, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mtstabe
I was instructed by a few helpful moderators on some open and private Facebook groups specifically geared towards this and was told to venture onto this forum to ask these questions.

I guess these threads are just filled with people who could care less about being helpful. Then why run or moderate a page if you’re just going to shew people who have genuine questions away. Maybe I should look for a super duper Hummer h3 group on MySpace. Maybe they’ll send me through hoops and loop and down Route 66 and back again just to say you need to venture else where. If you want to see exactly how great and fair people moderate. Check out my Yahoo Fantasy Football bookface twitter borg Google+ AIM Chat Bot group.
I edited my post as I was trying to inform you that the New Member Section is not for tech questions.

You did not provide enough information to answer anything, we would need to know what year/model H3 is the recipient of your Motor & Trans Install along with what specific 6.0 you are planning on using.

Let me guess at your three tip of the iceberg questions....
  • Will I need a custom harness? Not likely, but modifications will be required
  • Does the computer need to be replaced? Got no idea as you never included what year & model H3 is the recipient of your motor & trans swap.
  • Custom driveshaft? Not if you are keeping stock suspension.
Got any more whining to do, take it over to the Kleenex and Teddy Bear forums.

Old 01-24-2023, 07:09 PM
Default Hummer H3 PICS