New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Back in a Hummer

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2021, 04:46 AM
Default Back in a Hummer

2004 I leased a 2004 H2, Traded that in 2006 for a Hummer H3 Adventure, the H3 had a slew of engine issues at 42000 miles, had a new head as well as intake and exhaust manifold's replaced. Chriswell had the H3 for 2 weeks. But all the things were fixed.. end of the lease I was 20k over on miles, was too expensive to buy out the lease.. so I moved on..
----fast forward to current..
Bought a 2007 H3 Luxury 1-owner, well maintained (Carfax said so) in June, traded in a POS 2015 Traverse for it.. The H3 has 126k on it.. it runs very well, but was used along the shore so it has some pretty significant rust in some spots, but I will mitigate that before the winter/
-- I have ALWAYS loved Hummers.. And I have always favored the H3's over the big brother H2's.. I test drove a lot of Hummers before settling in on the one I now have.. I avoided the H3 Adventures because one thing I am pretty certain of is those being run hard on trails.. I originally was looking at 2009 and 2010 H3 adventures and most were worn out 4-5 owners and just run into the ground .. I could not find one that did not have it's skid plates very bruised and the underside's just showed a lot of trail use.. I found this one that was a rare find with only 1-owner.. It should serve me well until either myself or the truck dies from old age..
I love being in the woods and on dirt trails, not so much into the muddin and rock climbing, but more into getting into nooks and crannies to do some drone work, photo work and just chillin away from people in general.

My HUMMER- Has squeaking coming from rubber on metal, Sway bar and links front and rear.. All new bushings and stabilizer links will be replaced later this week.. Put new sneakers on it when i got it as all the rubber was dry rotted.. I went with 33" rubber.. Used a roof rack that was on an old Jeep Patriot I had, attached it to hummer roof racks.. Currently have off road lights on it but I am upgrading to different lights in the middle set..
Took the front pillar pieces that were faded and painted them with Krylon PU Bed liner that came out amazing.. since the plastic fenders are faded and I like this spray that much, i will remove the fenders and clean them up and spray them the same as well as all the plastic trim.. Otherwise the paint is in great shape..

--Me... well I am retiring so i will have a lot of time to play with the truck, will be hitting trails next year to do some metal detecting for Civil War relics and just enjoying the back woods with Shango my Husky while the GF and her daughter are at work during the week..
Cheers..

Old 08-30-2021, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum and congrats on getting back into a Hummer.

Old 08-30-2021, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome back.

Old 08-30-2021, 06:14 PM

Welcome neighbor. I clocked many 1 tank trips over 30yrs to Cumberland & Wheeling. GL

Old 09-12-2021, 09:56 AM

Welcome back to the fold...