Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   Meets, Events, and Shows (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/meets-events-shows-31/)
-   -   OFF-Road Event - Midwest - POSTPONED DUE TO WEATHER (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/meets-events-shows-31/off-road-event-midwest-postponed-due-weather-9251/)

ZYNE 01-09-2008 07:18 PM

RE: OFF-Road Event - Midwest - Mid-End January

It waslast time we all made it up there together :-) I highly recommend going if you can .. if nothing else just to see Mike move rocks out of the way ... ahh ... that's going to become one of those Timeless Classics, yanno that don't ya!? :-)
In all seriousness though, it was a hell of a good time and a great group of folks that went. I really hope we get another muddy meet going here towards the end of the month.

thehammerh3 01-09-2008 07:26 PM

I will for sure bring the camera.......

importkiller 01-09-2008 08:16 PM

ORIGINAL: ZYNE

It waslast time we all made it up there together :-) I highly recommend going if you can .. if nothing else just to see Mike move rocks out of the way ... ahh ... that's going to become one of those Timeless Classics, yanno that don't ya!? :-)
In all seriousness though, it was a hell of a good time and a great group of folks that went. I really hope we get another muddy meet going here towards the end of the month.
umm...post much?!?!?!?!

ZYNE 01-09-2008 08:22 PM

Umm...nope ... I figured u noticed :P

importkiller 01-09-2008 08:34 PM

well why the hell not?!?!? If you can go wheeling your healthy enough now to type!!! So start posting....NOW:D

HummerGuy 01-09-2008 08:40 PM

About f'in time you post dude ;)this text messaging on my Blackberry sh1t is getting really annoying, mostly because the damn keys are so small now you need a toothpick to press them.

Anyway, my wife is usually off on Sunday's, but since when we go will be at the height of tax season when she works, she may just work that day. I'll see if I can convince her to go. She owes me from the last time. Besides, I may have a new H3 by then. My wife and I both agree that if for some miracle we are able to get rid of this beast and get another H3, we are getting a new White one.

Buy anyway :eek:

Adrian: we would be all going in our own rides. Nick lives in Ohio, so him and his wife might want to stay the night. If my wife works, I may just camp out the night before. I'm not sure yet. Like I said, off-roading for one day wears you out big time for some reason.

I know I need to put some new brake pads on before I go. These will not cut it. That should be a piece of cake, if I can find a damn jack :eek:

HummerGuy 01-09-2008 08:42 PM

Nick: ImportKiller is now known as ricedik, tinydik, nodik, etc. Choose your own. It's fun for the whole family :D

thehammerh3 01-09-2008 08:46 PM

Hummerguy,
You are gonna campout, do you know how freakin cold it will be outside????

HummerMike 01-09-2008 08:47 PM

Hey guys! The end of this month looks pretty good to me. I just got the winch on the Alpha incase Jdrew decides he doesn't want to resuce my high centered truck off the dirt mound again. :)

If you guys want, we can bring some branch cutters with us and just hack away if a tree gets in our way, its not big deal to them at the badlands. I know some of those trails can get pretty tight for an H2.

Also, we should try the rock quarry this time. Theres some easy rock climbs in there we can play on. I'd be more than happy to spot people if they wanted to try them out.

Am I going to get stuck trail leading again? I'd prefer to let someone else lead us into the deadend this time. ;)

Mike

HummerGuy 01-09-2008 08:56 PM

Hey, aren't YOU the one that said "oh this doesn't look so bad" while we were just watching you slowly dissappear into that forest made for ATVs? Nick and J, you missed that one :D

"Oh yeah, our park is Hummer friendly" they tell us. Yeah, in the parking lot maybe :eek: We spent more time walking those trails then we did driving them!

I think cutters are good since Nick like's to squeeze his H2 through openings made for big wheels.

And as for the lead, well, we'll have to talk about that. MAYBE, just MAYBE this time I'll do it, but, that's only if Jeremy promises to move the rocks out of the way for me, and you promise to fix me if I really break something :eek:If I don't end up getting a new rig, we might just pretend the underbody protection that magically gets ordered and appears under my current H3 isn't there, as in "Honey, I have no idea how those cages got under my H3.......... but aren't they cool?"

:D