Meets, Events, and Shows Have a meet, show, or other event to announce? Read the pinned thread about how to get your event posted!

OFF-Road Event - Midwest - POSTPONED DUE TO WEATHER

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator
Default OFF-Road Event - Midwest - POSTPONED DUE TO WEATHER

FINAL DATE: POSTPONED DUE TO WEATHER, TBD - End Feb., Early Mar.

LOCATION: Badlands Off-Road Park -http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/
3968 North Xavier, Attica, IN 47918

VERIFIED AVAILABILITY: HummerGuy, jdrew, thehammerh3, ZYNE, HummerMike, HumminNBoatin

TIME: Meetin park between 9 AM and 10 AM

Jdrew is going to be on vacation for a week or two at the end of January, and called me about putting something together. Therefore, I'm going to try.

We don't know where yet, but most-likely it will end up at the Badlands Park ( http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/) in Indiana again, or possibly another location. We aren't sure if it's going to be a weekend event, or just one day. I'll make changes to this thread once we figure it out.

Anyway, here is the VERY tentative list of participants:

HummerGuy (myself)
jdrew (Jeremy) and wife Carrie
ZYNE (Nick)
HummerMike (Mike)
thehammerh3 (Adrian)
HumminNBoatin' (?)

We've been off-roading together at the Badlands Park before so we are familiar with what we can and can't do (moving rocks out of the way.....). I've also gone with Mike after that as well. If anybody else is interested, please feel free to respond.

This is NOT an official club or forum event. This is just bunch of friends getting together, so most likely it will focus on when Jeremey and Nick can go since they have the toughest work schedules. Anybody is welcome to join us obviously.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Default RE: OFF-Road Event - Midwest - Mid-End January

damn, that would be fun if it weren't so far. i'd even bring the donuts and pudding . . . . . . . sadly though, a bit too far for me. some day though, some day . . . . . .

Old 01-09-2008, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Hey Shorty. My wife and I are taking another road trip to California (the Burbank area roughly) at the end of May. We'll be in the area for probably 3 or 4 days. My wife is going to a fan convention and I doubt I will stay the entire time. If you want to get something together for around that time, I may be able to join you for a day or two.

Old 01-09-2008, 10:40 AM

burbank is about a 9 hour drive from Sac, but let me know as the time gets closer and we'll see what we can do. bring nick along and i'll bring the pudding . . . . .

Old 01-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

He may be interested. We've been talking about taking a trip together for a while, but our schedules are usually too conflicting.

Since we are taking a road trip, we could pass through on the way back or there. I havent' started plotting our course yet.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

Hummerguy Burbank is about an hour or so from me. As the trip gets closer let me know what your schedule looks like.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

Definitely. Do any of you have any local groups you go off-roading with? I know shorty does.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:25 PM

i have a "local" group, but nobody that lives close. if you live close to Interstate 80, it runs from san fransisco to the Jersey shore, you could just take that (crappy conditions in Denver, lots of potholes). it happens to run about 1 mile from where i live, so if you take that route to CA, you would connect with Interstate 5 here in Sac to go south to socal. Or, if you wanted to avoid me at all costs, you could take Interstate 15 from Salt Lake City, through Vegas and the high desert, and go directly to socal. that would connect you with Interstate 10/Hwy 60 to go west to Burbank. Or, you could divert off I-15 in Barstow, go west on hwy 58 past Edwards AFB to Mojave, then go south to Lancaster, then west to I-5 and south to Burbank (sorry, don't know the hwy numbers from Mojave to Lancaster - might be Hwy 14 but i'm not sure). there, your route is half planned for you . . . .

Old 01-09-2008, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

I am literally 5 minutes away from I-80, about 1 mile north of it, just as yourself.

Last time we took our road trip, we went up through SD, through Yellowstone and Grand Tetons, and took I-15 from Salt Lake Citythrough Vegas and went to San Diego where my sis is stationed.

She wanted to go to Sac anyway from some of the scenic places she saw on TV, plus we were going to try to squeeze in SF, but if she is planning on staying at this thing all weekend, I may just come up there myself. We'll see what happens.

She dreads a road trip in the H3 because she says our seats are too uncomfortable for a road trip. If I can find a pass-side power seat for her, maybe I can get her to consider it more. Worst case scenario is we will fly into LAX and rent a H3 and just keep our trips local to CA. I can rent the H3 at LAX and return it in Oakland or something like that.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:55 PM

scenic places in Sac? are you guys on the crack again? old town is ok, but it's been getting kinda cheesy/touristy the last few years. now Tahoe, on the other hand, is pretty cool.

Quick Reply: OFF-Road Event - Midwest - POSTPONED DUE TO WEATHER