Meets, Events, and Shows Have a meet, show, or other event to announce? Read the pinned thread about how to get your event posted!

OFF-Road Event - Midwest - POSTPONED DUE TO WEATHER

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Default RE: OFF-Road Event - Midwest - Mid-End January

ORIGINAL: HummerMike

cool! I'll try and get some tie rod ends for H2 and 3 to have as spares just incase from my parts department.
If you plan on getting me in to the rock garden, yeah, PLEASE, bring tie rods LOL!!!! And a high lift jack ... and a maintenance crew ... Thx :-)

Old 01-11-2008, 08:44 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

The date is settled. Nick, Jeremy, Mike, etc all say Saturday is good. Let's not make the same mistake we made last time by going on a Sunday and going to work half-asleep the next day
Yanno, ya could've planned ahead and taken Monday of like SOME people did LOL!Q!!

Old 01-11-2008, 08:46 PM

ORIGINAL: thehammerh3

<-------------Adrian likes his sleep
Congrats, I have insomnia myself LOL!

Old 01-11-2008, 10:56 PM

Has anybody had any breakdowns@ any of the events... (knock on wood)

Old 01-12-2008, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator

I don't know how I missed all of these new posts

Adrian: If you want, you can meet us up later in the morning. You don't HAVE to be there early.It's just better because you pretty much have the entire place to yourself until about noon when all the ATV'ers get there. You have to watch out for them. They come out of nowhere! I personally am going to leave around between 6 and 6:30 and meet Mike up at our meeting spot (Wal-mart I believe) and caravan down there together. Last time I got there late because I dragged ***.

I put the time as 9 AM since the park opens at 9, but last time they opened earlier.

As for break-downs, no. We haven't had any issues so far as a group, however, HummerMike has done some damage a couple of times, but that's because he beats his truck like a punching bag Nick had an incident where he smashed out the glass on his rear window/tailgate, and I always have issues before I even show up, so that's no surprise

You have to take off your side-steps for some of the trails, but not all. I wouldn't keep them on at all unless you want to tear them up or get stuck.

If you are a little paranoid about it then don't feel like you HAVE to come just because you already said yes. I was really paranoid about going the first time but once you see what your truck can do, you'll have a completely new outlook on it.

It's easy to get to, but we will be driving through alot of farms and nothingness to get there, so it's up to you if you want to meet up with me and follow me and Mike, or just leave and meet us there later.

Do you live on the south side, north side or around the city?

Old 01-12-2008, 09:25 AM

hammer, if your coming out of the city you can meet up with Mike and myself at Wal-Mart. You'll have to drive right past it anyway. Either way, its and easy place to get to just a boring drive as Mike indicated.

The following are a MUST before off roading: Remove your step tubes (H3's are easy to remove step tubes, 4 bolts on each side), buy a CB (you can pick up a handheld on ebay or even at walmart-Mike has good handheld). You will need a CB for when were on the trails-this is how we communicate to each other incase we have problems, etc.

As far as damage, I've never had a problem at the Badlands as far as breaking the truck. If the trails are overgrown, we can trim them back some to avoid scratching. You might want to bring a shovel and a saw or tree cutter to help. I don't anticipate we'll be doing any extreme off roading where you'll break your truck. Absolute worse case scenario if you brake your truck we tow it back up the my dealer and we'll fix it Monday for ya. The trails there are not bad, if you start some serious rock climbing in the quarry then it's always possible to pop a diff, tcase or tie rod end depending on how much you push your truck.

I may the founder of our hummer Club coming with us with his H1. He's in the process of fixing the alternator on it right now so he told me that if it's not fixed by then he would ride with me and we'll trail lead in my truck. He knows the trails really well and has been taking hummers there for several years.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:44 AM

I live on the northside, 2 blocks away from wrigley field. I dont get paranoid, just wanna take precaution make sure nothing happens to the ride u know, Iam going for sure but if I can meet you guys somewhere and follow so I dont get lost that would be great but its no big deal.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:49 AM

ORIGINAL: HummerMike

hammer, if your coming out of the city you can meet up with Mike and myself at Wal-Mart. You'll have to drive right past it anyway. Either way, its and easy place to get to just a boring drive as Mike indicated.

The following are a MUST before off roading: Remove your step tubes (H3's are easy to remove step tubes, 4 bolts on each side), buy a CB (you can pick up a handheld on ebay or even at walmart-Mike has good handheld). You will need a CB for when were on the trails-this is how we communicate to each other incase we have problems, etc.

As far as damage, I've never had a problem at the Badlands as far as breaking the truck. If the trails are overgrown, we can trim them back some to avoid scratching. You might want to bring a shovel and a saw or tree cutter to help. I don't anticipate we'll be doing any extreme off roading where you'll break your truck. Absolute worse case scenario if you brake your truck we tow it back up the my dealer and we'll fix it Monday for ya. The trails there are not bad, if you start some serious rock climbing in the quarry then it's always possible to pop a diff, tcase or tie rod end depending on how much you push your truck.

I may the founder of our hummer Club coming with us with his H1. He's in the process of fixing the alternator on it right now so he told me that if it's not fixed by then he would ride with me and we'll trail lead in my truck. He knows the trails really well and has been taking hummers there for several years.

HummerMike,
I will meet you guys at the walmart, yeah I will take off the sidesteps right before I leave. Thanks for all the info/help, I think HUMMERGUY said I can borrow his handheld for the day. Otherwise I will just grab my own no biggie.

Old 01-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

THCI is doing an event at the Badlands in Sept/Oct... so maybe I will have my truck back by then...... or a new one....[:-]

Old 01-12-2008, 05:57 PM

Yeah I think we can all use a new truck...

Quick Reply: OFF-Road Event - Midwest - POSTPONED DUE TO WEATHER