PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pre-owned and installed Roll N Lock Cover for sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Default Pre-owned and installed Roll N Lock Cover for sale

Hi all,

I'm upgrading to the Snugtop Slantback as it suits my purposes and tastes better than the manual Roll N Lock Tonneau (plus, my wife loves the Snugtop and well, that kinda says it all).

As such, I'd like to offer up my current cover for sale. It has spent the better part of 12mo (corrected from 18mo as earlier stated) installed on my truck, and has been well cared for but does show its use. I will soon post photos of the cover installed -- detailing the wear from use -- and a detailed description with the details of the sale.

Please feel free to contact me with any immediate questions. Also, advice on how to best process the transaction is welcome ... I am anticipating setting it up as an eBay sale.

I am asking $500 or Best Offer for the cover. It is an $1100 cover new (http://www.teakatoys.com/Roll_N_Lock...rnl-lg268m.htm). It is a manual cover with locking mechanism; the lock secures both the cover and tailgate.

I will not receive the new top until the end of December, according to the delivering merchant, so I will not be able to deliver the RNL until after then. I do not expect nor desire to begin the sale process until delivery of the new cover -- I do not want to be in the position of promising the gear to a buyer but being unable to deliver in a timely manner. As such, I will update here in when the sale is ready to process.

I cannot offer the RNL in the original packing, but I will hand clean it and carefully ship it with all the required parts (original to my install). I do recommend purchasing new vinyl tubing for the drainage system, as mine is cut to the dimensions of my own install, and it would seem further advisable to purchase new hardware from the manufacturer -- I personally would prefer brand new nuts, bolts and screws for a second install (IMHO).

Find more info on the RNL cover here:http://www.rollnlock.com/

Thanks in advance for any interest.

--Googly1

Last edited by Googly1; 12-01-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:51 PM
Default Ready for sale

Okay

The Snugtop is finally installed.

Details regarding the Roll n Lock are as follows.

It is a manual, black Roll N Lock tonneau cover. It is a secure cover, vinyl covering metal slatting with a locking mechanism that secures both the top and tailgate. For details, see http://www.rollnlock.com/Products/MS...0/Default.aspx. It is SPECIFIC to the H3T.

It was installed in late December 2009 or early January 2010.

It was removed mid January 2011.

It is in good, operable condition and has been well cared for. Notable wear and tear is as follows:
  • The interior cargo barrier that protects the tonneau housing from bed cargo is marred thanks to cargo rolling about. Paint scratched, minor denting etc.
  • The left side track has a series of three minor chips in it.
  • The latching bar that installs on the tailgate and receives the locking mechanism on the cover has multiples scratches and some paint transfer from cargo. The brunt of the marring is interior to the cover, and therefore not visible when closed. There are much less but some imperfections visible on the top of the latching bar and therefore visible when the top is closed.
I have documented these issues as best as possible in a photo album available at: http://s1229.photobucket.com/albums/...ll%20N%20Lock/ (the forum's upload limit was too restrictive).

The buyer will need to acquire new installation hardware, to include vinyl tubing for the drainage ports on the tonneau housing. I stripped two bolt heads removing the cover, and others may be close to it. I also highly recommend replacing the rubber gaskets that lie between the housing and truck rail ... they are dirty and most likely conformed to the shape of my truck's bed. I will provide all the original installation hardware regardless, but I do caution against its use.

I have hand cleaned the equipment. I have not been able to clean the interior of the housing unit since its removal as i cannot extend the cover while it is uninstalled and the cover restricts access to the box. I did clean the box a week or two before removal, however and it appears fairly clean. The rest of the equipment is washed and currently stored indoors.

Instead of asking $500, I have decided to set up an eBay auction starting at $300 with no reserve. Buyer will be responsible for shipping.

Any questions or expressions of interest are welcome. I will post a link here to the eBay auction within a few hours of posting.

Thanks! Please consider it! It is a good cover but simply didn't provide the bed space my family needed, and as I said earlier, the wife loved the Snugtop!

Last edited by Googly1; 01-27-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:02 AM
Default Ebay sale posted!

Sorry for the delay; had to shop around for good packing and shipping options.

The eBay sale is available here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT

Old 02-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Default Re-listed, price reduced

Now asking for starting bids at $200 - $300 buy it now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200575088654