Hummer H3T The popular H3 gets the added capabilties of a small pick-up, with the look and performance of the original H3.

My H3T double-DIN factory radio died

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2022, 09:43 AM

Thanks. Ordered, but from WalMart Online ($2 cheaper but mainly gets here faster). Good to know that the brake wire is ground instead of hot. I can ground it to the chassis manually (twice) long enough to pair my phone, then install the hack when it arrives next week.

Thanks again, your help is a big timesaver and truly appreciated.

Old 01-15-2022, 01:17 AM

RESOLVED -
The sound was pretty crappy, as I mentioned. And TAINTER was correct; the amp is fed from the single connection - the unused RCA amp plugs on the 2nd cable would be used in the case of an aftermarket amp instead of the Monsoon amp. I called Crutchfield support, and they verified that I had connected everything correctly. And then the guy said OH WAIT - check and see if we plugged the cable into the correct slot on the Crux - one side is for Bose (Monsoon) equipment, the other is not. So I swapped the connection on the Crux and powered up, and BAM!! I had my full range of volume, bass, and clarity. This stereo sounds GREAT! I still have to install the rear camera and the parking brake faker-outer when it arrives, but at least now I've got tunes again.

Old 01-23-2022, 10:29 AM

Nice work...post some pics up of the unit installed.Interested in this upgrade for my 10' T.Thanks

Old 01-23-2022, 11:09 AM

Will do, but it'll be a few days. Still need to install the Parking Brake faker-outer and drill a hole for the USB plug and I haven't yet installed the reverse camera. But as far as the sound, it's great even with the factory speakers, and I couldn't ask for a better "factory looking" install.

One thing the Crutchfield website asks in their selection process is "Do you want ***** or all touchscreen?" and I selected touchscreen simply because I figured it would give the screen more real estate. Now that it's installed, I miss the ***** - I can't quickly turn the volume up and down; it's either look at the radio to find the volume +/- buttons and wait for them to count up/down, or look at the radio to find the mute button. With the ****, I could instinctively find it and adjust the volume immediately without looking. Sometimes you don't have precious milliseconds to waste getting it cranked it up, such as when "Stranglehold" or Thunderstruck" comes on.

Last edited by Nokomis; 01-23-2022 at 11:11 AM.