Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Yaw sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2020, 02:15 AM
Default Yaw sensor?

So I'm having issues with my 08 hummer h3. I've had a leaking sunroof for awhile now and I'm thinking it's the yaw sensor but it wont start, abs light fault, traction control fail, and the gear shift is stuck in park and the only think I could think it would be is the yaw but idk, any suggestion thanks

Old 12-02-2020, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HF.

I got rid of your other post in the WRONG section (HF Help & Suggestion section has NOTHING to do with any vehicle, and is only for questions on how to use the forums.... even says so in a sticky at the top). You tacked your question on the first Yaw Sensor thread you stumbled on and your assumption that this was going to be helpful was wrong.

Here are some suggestions:
1) a Yaw Sensor issue is NOT going to stop your vehicle from starting;
2) you need to immediately fix your plugged sunroof drains as you by now have repeatedly soaked your BCM and likely need a replacement with programming;
3) not being able to move the shifter and TC ABS lights confirms a bad BCM; and,
4) indicate your year, model (H3s come in 4 models), miles, any recent work done before the problem began, a description of the symptoms you are seeing, and post all codes found when scanned.

There are some good threads here on how to fix a clogged sunroof drains, and vids on the web. Do NOT use compressed air, it does more damage than it can ever fix.

Good luck.

Old 12-02-2020, 04:28 PM

Ok I thought it might be the bcm but all my lights, power locks, windows, dash and horn all work still and never stopped working so if it was the bcm would those not work?

Old 12-02-2020, 04:33 PM

I thought it might be the bcm but all of the functions such as the lights, horn, window locks, windows, and dash all still work fine. So if it was a bad bcm would those not work?

Old 12-02-2020, 04:57 PM

Scan and post the codes. Also check to see if you have those oem "crappy azzed" battery terminals.

Old 12-03-2020, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Tyler Petit
I thought it might be the bcm but all of the functions such as the lights, horn, window locks, windows, and dash all still work fine. So if it was a bad bcm would those not work?
If your BCM got wet, there are literally 100s of possible symptoms. The BCM monitors and processes everything body, lights, ABS, whether TC is on or off, position of gear selector, wipers, door sensors, turn signals.............
Which symptoms depends on what part of the BCM or its harness got wet/has a short.

Old 12-03-2020, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by hummerz
Scan and post the codes. Also check to see if you have those oem "crappy azzed" battery terminals.
Ah yes, the technical term.

Old 12-14-2020, 06:03 PM
Default yaw sensor

So I'm having issues with my 08 hummer h3. I've had a leaking sunroof for awhile now and I'm thinking it's the yaw sensor but it wont start, abs light fault, traction control fail, and the gear shift is stuck in park and the only think I could think it would be is the yaw but idk, any suggestion thanks
Glad I read this post . I have a friend Hummer that is doing these things and I used u tube to get a clue lol. I tried to turn off the traction control but no luck and disconnected the battery . no luck . I did fix the water in the floor a few months ago . A u tub fix . This thing also will run the battery down if its not started in a few days . I going to run the codes and see what they are . To get direction . I going to do searching and if I find out any thing I post it and may be if will help . By the way I managed to get the thing in gear but its in at least a limp mode .Not changing gears ect ect .So I got to find out the root cause of this problem

Old 12-16-2020, 06:28 PM

Well I cleared the dozen plus codes and started up the Hummer and it went in gear .Ran a check again for codes .None . Drove it ran ok .Took it to the car port and ran codes again nothing no traction control or stability track. Ok good enough . This all happened when the thing sit for a few day and battery drained . Might be the bcm doing that but I think a battery tender left on while it not driven say 4 or 5 days will work and if it does then fine . As long as it runs ok and does not give any more codes good enough

Old 12-17-2020, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Workinman
Well I cleared the dozen plus codes and started up the Hummer and it went in gear .Ran a check again for codes .None . Drove it ran ok .Took it to the car port and ran codes again nothing no traction control or stability track. Ok good enough . This all happened when the thing sit for a few day and battery drained . Might be the bcm doing that but I think a battery tender left on while it not driven say 4 or 5 days will work and if it does then fine . As long as it runs ok and does not give any more codes good enough
Are you still using the Crappy Azzed OEM Battery Terminal Connectors? If so, hack them off immediately and replace with a quality aftermarket set like Stingers or your favorite brand. The OEM Battery Terminal Connectors are worse than crap, and those alone can cause all kinds of electrical Gremlins, just like the separate wet BCM issues.

I am still trying to figure out why you tacked on this thread. Your friend's H3 is doing "these things" is what? Your issues have zero to do with the Yaw Sensor, but I guess that is OK as neither did the OP's. ??????????

Quick Reply: Yaw sensor?