Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Yaw Rate Sensor Going or Gone Out

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 09:46 AM

Thank you Both fir the info.

I noticed as I was removing the sensor last night. May need a small modification to the existing access cuts.

wish me luck this evening when it put this all back together and (Cross your finger) I don’t get codes!!!

Old 07-08-2021, 09:49 AM

I just thought of this….Can that Yaw Sensor be relocated to get it away from a possible damp/wet prone area of the vehicle?

Old 07-08-2021, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

Clean and fix your clogged sunroof drains and you won't have water intrusion. There is a step by step here. Finally, a fix for clogged sunroof drain tubes

My 09 sits outside 24/7/365, never been wet. We have 2 other GM vehicles with sunroofs, also dry. It's called maintenance. You have to clean them out once in a while, warm soapy water, string trimmer line or thin stiff wire, shop vac etc..... NEVER use compressed air.

Old 07-08-2021, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by HumH3Buff
Thank you Both fir the info.

I noticed as I was removing the sensor last night. May need a small modification to the existing access cuts.

!!
There is a cut there, I extended it a couple inches to take a picture. Now if I ever get the code it will be a quick fix for me.

Old 07-08-2021, 11:44 AM

I just thought of this….Can that Yaw Sensor be relocated to get it away from a possible damp/wet prone area of the vehicle?
Are you driving around with a pool of water inside? You could mount it on the roof? If you look at the floor pan, the lowest point is under the center of the seat, when you get over to the sensor/connector under the seat track, that's approx 2" above the lowest point. Leave it where it's at, just prevent water intrusion into the cab, or install a floor drain.

Old 07-08-2021, 11:54 AM

Drains for sunroof are good both front 2 and back 2

I bought it February 2020, I’ve never had an issue. I think the previous owner did, drains were cleared and I’ve got dampness from then still in the padding.

once I get back from my trip, I’m looking at pulling carpet and pad try to dry out or replace.

I know about maintenance, not a newbie in that department. I’ve worked thru all the bugs of buying a used H3. This issue just popped a few days ago at a bad time.

thank for the help. It’s very appreciated.

Old 07-08-2021, 09:24 PM

Update!!

put everything back together.

C0186 is back.

I’ll have to get a new sensor

outside of paying $250 - $450 for a sensor, you guys have any suggestions? I know the cheap stuff is cheap. Do you know of a good place with low prices?

Old 07-09-2021, 12:03 AM

Update!!

put everything back together.

C0186 is back.

I’ll have to get a new sensor

outside of paying $250 - $450 for a sensor, you guys have any suggestions? I know the cheap stuff is cheap. Do you know of a good place with low prices?
I almost always order "expensive" parts from RockAuto.com. I have had good luck from them and their prices are usually really competitive. Looks like their price for the sensor is $218. I have a 5% off discount code you can use. If you decide to order from them, type it in the "how did you hear about us" box at check-out: 177906847162052471

Old 07-09-2021, 04:53 AM

Dylan - Thank you for the info. RockAuto is a good choice. Ordered a MAP for a 2012 Challenger R/T I’m redoing. I may take you up on using that code. Every little bit counts.

I’ll get this sensor ordered and let you all know how it goes!

Again, Thank You Everyone for the info and support.

Old 07-09-2021, 08:02 AM

Ever heard of ebay? Find a US seller if you want it fast;;;>>> 15096372

Quick Reply: Yaw Rate Sensor Going or Gone Out