Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Wipers and windows not working.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2021, 12:25 PM
Default Wipers and windows not working.

I recently had my fuel pump relay corrode on my 07 H3. I had to remove the fuse block to get it out and replace. I installed everything back the exact way and even took the time to clean and replace all my fuses. When it came time to re install I did not have my new relay yet so I used the hvac relay in the fuel pump slot. Was able to fire the engine up finally and move my truck to a better spot. I was able to roll my windows down when I did this. I parked my truck and the next day I replaced the hvac relay and my wipers and windows stopped working.

I have tried removing and reinstalling fuse block, have tried disconnecting batt and fuse block. No success. I have also checked the fuses for wipers and windows.

any suggestions before I get hosed by mechanic

Old 09-02-2021, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HF.

It is really a matter of retracing your last step and continue up the chain in reverse one item at a time. Once you start over, who knows where the issue is, you lost the ability to check one item at a time?

Does the truck start and run? If no.... go to #2 If yes, check for voltage at the fuse block for the windows and wipers.

#2 Did the wipers work along with windows using the HVAC relay?
If so, put the HVAC Relay back in and test, you may have a bad new fuel pump relay. Just because it is new does not mean it is free from defects.

When you remove the fuse block, there is a trick to putting it back together. You may have forced the fuse block together with the harness connectors below such that you bent/broke a pin and lost connection. Inspect the window and wiper pins if you take it back apart.

Old 09-02-2021, 12:51 PM

Thanks Doc!

truck runs and drives fine no issues, literally only the wipers and windows won’t work. That goes for washer fluid as well.

I have re traced my steps a few times now, and before taking my fuse block out I watched a few videos on the proper way to do it. I never had to force it and it has gone smoothly each time. Just to be sure I removed today and checked all pins and nil issues. The new relay went into the fuel pump slot and the hvac relay I used for the fuel pump slot to get my truck started (which was working) went back into the hvac slot and hvac is working great.

thought there may be a trick to these trucks as the electrical systems seems to be tricky

side note if you remove your hvac relay you will get get ABS traction control error and a msg saying Serv 4wd. Weird.

Old 09-02-2021, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Check for voltage at the window, wiper and windshield pump fuse slots to make sure it got that far.

Old 09-02-2021, 06:04 PM

Check those crappy azzed battery terminals!