Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Need heat switch for a 2007 H3

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 02:33 AM
Default Need heat switch for a 2007 H3

I am looking for a heat switch for my drivers side seat. When driving my switch turns itself on and my seat starts to heat up. The push switch goes to the high position and then I need to push it to neutral middle position. I don’t know if it the movement when I sit in the seat that causes it turn on or what. Any suggestions where I might find one or replace it. Could not get one through repair shop. They don’t make part anymore.

I am looking for a heat switch for my drivers side seat. When driving my switch turns itself on and my seat starts to heat up. The push switch goes to the high position and then I need to push it to neutral middle position. I don’t know if it the movement when I sit in the seat that causes it turn on or what. Any suggestions where I might find one or replace it. Could not get one through repair shop. They don’t make part anymore.

Last edited by Doc Olds; 09-01-2021 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Duplicates
Old 09-01-2021, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

All H3 questions go in the ......................................... yep..................... H3 section.

There is nothing wrong with your switch, your seat trim panel is broken so when you climb in or out it moves and in turn moves the switch. You can replace the trim piece, or learn how to get in/out without sliding over the side, and/or check it with your hand after you get in. My 09 Alpha was owned by prior fat azzed people who broke both sides because they were to lazy to enter or exit by getting up instead of sliding over.

Old 09-01-2021, 01:11 PM
Default Seat trim panel

Thank you for replying to my problem. Where is it possible to get one online? I am a senior (68 yrs) and as you said a little fat azzed and so are my senior friends. I had a hip problem and was having a hard time getting in and out. Hip replaced and easier to get in now. Love my Hummer and won’t part with it as long as I can get in it. I will look for a seat trim panel. Will it be hard to install? Big job? Thank you again for your fast reply.

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
All H3 questions go in the ......................................... yep..................... H3 section.

There is nothing wrong with your switch, your seat trim panel is broken so when you climb in or out it moves and in turn moves the switch. You can replace the trim piece, or learn how to get in/out without sliding over the side, and/or check it with your hand after you get in. My 09 Alpha was owned by prior fat azzed people who broke both sides because they were to lazy to enter or exit by getting up instead of sliding over.

Old 09-01-2021, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

We have established we are both seniors and we are both on the internet. The internet is where you will find your seat trim part with a Google for "H3 Hummer seat trim". You have to pick color, so I am not going to find one for you and I am not going to install it either. It is a simple install, couple screws and clips, call one of your kids and have them figure it out if you can't.

Good luck

Old 09-01-2021, 09:40 PM
Thumbs up Thank you

Thank you again for quick reply. Sorry to have given too much info before. Found what was needed.

Originally Posted by Luckelinda
Thank you for replying to my problem. Where is it possible to get one online? I am a senior (68 yrs) and as you said a little fat azzed and so are my senior friends. I had a hip problem and was having a hard time getting in and out. Hip replaced and easier to get in now. Love my Hummer and won’t part with it as long as I can get in it. I will look for a seat trim panel. Will it be hard to install? Big job? Thank you again for your fast reply.

Old 09-02-2021, 05:01 PM

As Doc said the trim panel can trip the switch by flexing when you move around in the seat....poor design. People have fixed this by adding a screw thru the panel into the support behind it to keep it from shifting. This picture will show you the location for the screw that has been used as a fix.

Old 09-02-2021, 05:44 PM

/\ This

Old 09-02-2021, 08:43 PM
Smile Thank you

Thank you for suggestion. I’ll have someone do this for me.