Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Wheel Size / Bolt Pattern

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2021, 01:41 PM
Question Wheel Size / Bolt Pattern

2006 Hummer H3

Upgrading from the stock 16"s on 33"s to Firestone Destination X/T LT35x12.5R20 tires and I have a set of 20" GMC Yukon / Sierra / Denali wheels that I wanna pair with them. The bolt pattern appears to be the same as the Hummer OEM loadout aside from the increase rim size. Will these fit on the hub or / and would I need to a spacer / adapter?

Old 11-05-2021, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

There are about 2 bazillion "will these wheels/tires fit" threads here, and there are some very specific threads that answer you question. How much time did you spend using the search function?

The answer: NOPE. A spacer/adapter is never a good idea IMHO, just buy the correct wheel and forget pounding square pegs in round holes. Going with 20s pretty much says you never intend to use that H3 off the pavement.

H3s use Hub Centric Wheels! Stock OEM 16" diameter wheel is 7.5" wide, 6x5.5"(6x139.7mm) lug pattern, 101 mm center bore, offset is 30mm, and back spacing is 5.5".
When choosing new wheels you need:
1) 6x5.5" lug pattern
2) 101 mm minimum center bore. (H3's are HUB centric, meaning that the wheels locate on the hub center, which is 100 mm, so you can't go too large on the center bore either)
3) 5.5" MAX backspace, less backspace will make tires stick out more as will wider wheels.

IGNORE offset, as it changes with wheel width. It's not an important number.

Good luck.

Old 11-05-2021, 05:46 PM

you say you have the set. try if they fit and let us know. would have been quicker and simpler.

Old 11-06-2021, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
There are about 2 bazillion "will these wheels/tires fit" threads here, and there are some very specific threads that answer you question. How much time did you spend using the search function?

The answer: NOPE. A spacer/adapter is never a good idea IMHO, just buy the correct wheel and forget pounding square pegs in round holes. Going with 20s pretty much says you never intend to use that H3 off the pavement.

H3s use Hub Centric Wheels! Stock OEM 16" diameter wheel is 7.5" wide, 6x5.5"(6x139.7mm) lug pattern, 101 mm center bore, offset is 30mm, and back spacing is 5.5".
When choosing new wheels you need:
1) 6x5.5" lug pattern
2) 101 mm minimum center bore. (H3's are HUB centric, meaning that the wheels locate on the hub center, which is 100 mm, so you can't go too large on the center bore either)
3) 5.5" MAX backspace, less backspace will make tires stick out more as will wider wheels.

IGNORE offset, as it changes with wheel width. It's not an important number.

Good luck.
Haha I'm no Gearhead, bit of a novice as a matter of fact, but believe me I've spent faaaar too long searching through forums for a resolution so ur response is much appreciated! If the vehicle hub is 100mm and the new wheel bore is 78.1mm would a Hub Centric Ring solve this problem? Also could a Wheel Spacer / Adapter double as a Hub Centric Ring?

Old 11-06-2021, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
you say you have the set. try if they fit and let us know. would have been quicker and simpler.
Taking the car into the shop to have the wheels taken off, the tires removed and replaced, then the wheels put back on quicker than forum post?

Old 11-06-2021, 01:08 PM
Angry

Originally Posted by bronxteck
^^^This^^^

I hate to camp on to the "love" in this thread, but the easiest/fastest/simplest thing is for YOU to put a jack under your car, remove the existing wheel, and put the 20" wheels you have on and see if it fits on the hub. If the wheel doesn't fit, then you don't need to bother with the step of getting tires mounted.

YOU can also measure the backspace on the new rim and compare to the old rim, or look up the specs on the new rim and use an online tool to compare/contrast where the new wheel/tire combo will be positioned compared to the stock wheel/tire combo. For example this calculator here is excellent for visualizing the changes.

https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/