Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Snow Plow for H3

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 11:31 PM
Default RE: Snow Plow for H3

damn, they're all over the place here....great for doing driveways and narrow paths where a full size would get stuck. Alot of gas stations and small convienace stores use them....we used to use one to do the cart paths at the golf course.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:34 PM

it's an older jeep but you get the idea.

Old 10-27-2007, 04:51 AM

I don't know if i would put a plow on the H3. I'm sure it could handle it but i just wouldn't. Buy an old pickup!

Old 10-27-2007, 05:36 AM

if you hade a winch bumper ,you could probably mount it to the tow hooks,just take em off,i mean,they make that plenty strong and im sure its attached to the frame in more then 1 spot,it could be done

Old 10-27-2007, 07:21 PM

Never seen a Jeep with a plow??????? [sm=WTFsgign.gif] Where have you been for the last 60 years son? Jeeps used to be farm and military machines LONG before they were recreation vehicles.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:14 PM

Sorry to bring up an old topic from the dead but I hae been researching plows for the H3 and did find some info. Reds Garage in NY (http://redsgarage.com/) has been installing them using a slightly modified Boss LTA05400 plow frame for the Colorado/Canyon. Looks pretty sturdy. I have a 700 footlong driveway and was thinking that this may pay for itself in a winter or 2. I know the H3's ability to plow is in question but I think with the right gearing, traction and momentum it should do just fine.

Old 12-24-2008, 09:39 AM

Now that pretty much everyone has had some snow - how did the H3 with the plow perform?
Any major issues? I like the set up. I got an H3 last June and love it. Finally playing in the snow with it and I'm truely amazed at the capabilities.
I have a small snow removal business and would like a plow. I'm torn between trying to do a set up like yours, get a 4wheeler and put a plow on it - then I'll need a trailer too, or keep using the old snowblower and haul it around on the rear rack I had built.
The option of getting an old 4wd beater with a plow won't fly with my wife. We have 4 cars now between 2 of us (2 work and 2 personal).
Maybe adding a 5th vehicle would be good - then I wouldn't have to plow my driveway becasue it'd be covered by all the vehilces.
Anyways if you could give a sit-rep on how the H3 and plowing has gone I'd appreciate it.

Old 12-24-2008, 10:51 PM

Well I have a plow on my H3. It is a SnowBear. Originaly I bought it for a 98 RangerI had. The snow bear is a "personal plow". It's not meant for deep snow or profesional use. I plow my parking area behind the garage, about 20" x 45" and my front driveway, about 14'wide and 40" long. I also plow my alley way asit's a deadend alley so the city doesn't plow it. When I calledadistributer for a mount,I was told they did not make a mount because there was not enough call for it. They did have a different brand plow with mount for the H3 at $2500.
I built my own mount. The main mount is made of 7/16" platebolted between the front frame horns and the D-rings. There are 3/8 angle iron "legs" that extend down to the lower A-arm bolts with 1/2" mounting plates. The blade on a snowbear is lifted with a small winch. The whole setup weighs about 500#.
I also just read an article in one of the 4x4 mags about a company that makes a winch and mount that bolts to the front of the frame.

Besides if you can't plow snow with it you shouldn't do any seriouse offroading. I mean if it's so fragile, just forget about the H3 and go strait fora truck.If you google snowbear or winter wolf, ( there the same plow)you'll find some dealers.Send them an email your bound to come across the dealer that sells the plow I found for the H3 to.I'll post some pics tomarrow, if I canremember how or at least a link to some.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:27 AM

Thanks for the info. I'll check them out.
My "business" is more of a hobby. I have 12 homes that I remove snow for. They all are either 2X2 car length X width or something pretty close. No big parking lots or anything like that.
Thanks again - I appreciate it.

Old 12-25-2008, 09:21 AM

Maybe one of these !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4hP2WkyO38

Quick Reply: Snow Plow for H3