Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Replacing Antenna Base and Cable

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2020, 05:54 PM

I just replaced the antenna base and cable. The part was @ $20 on Amazon. Easy Peasy except removing the fender liner. Quite the pain. With a rack and / or popping the wheel off no problem. I don’t have that luxury. I started to let the dealer do it but balked at the $350 charge. They wanted twice the price of the part and 1.6 hours shop time. I did it in around an hour. The other posts here are good except in retrospect I didn’t need to remove the side dash panel cover although that was easy. The connection is not the one at the bottom of the area behind the glove box. It is at the very top. You can do this.

Old 10-19-2020, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by gad13
I just replaced the antenna base and cable. The part was @ $20 on Amazon. Easy Peasy except removing the fender liner. Quite the pain. With a rack and / or popping the wheel off no problem. I don’t have that luxury. I started to let the dealer do it but balked at the $350 charge. They wanted twice the price of the part and 1.6 hours shop time. I did it in around an hour. The other posts here are good except in retrospect I didn’t need to remove the side dash panel cover although that was easy. The connection is not the one at the bottom of the area behind the glove box. It is at the very top. You can do this.

What was the Amazon part number and has your reception improved?

Old 10-20-2020, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CO NATV
What was the Amazon part number and has your reception improved?
The Amazon part number from THREE YEARS ago, or the one from TEN YEARS ago? Getting the idea why digging up OLD AZZED threads is frowned upon????

READ: Old Threads/'Necro-Bumping'

Old 10-20-2020, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
The Amazon part number from THREE YEARS ago, or the one from TEN YEARS ago? Getting the idea why digging up OLD AZZED threads is frowned upon????

READ: Old Threads/'Necro-Bumping'
I understand but the recent post I quoted was only 11 days ago which isn't old right? doubtful the part number changed. Turn that frown upside down.