Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Rear view mirror with camera

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by slonoma98
Hi guys. I'm buying a hummer rear view mirror with the screen that is inside the mirror. The seller says that it has parking lines on the display. Can these lines be turned off?
Why do you want the lines off? They work great and I love them. My 07 had an after market w/o lines and my 08 has the factory one with. Much better with since the camera is aimed with them.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Banned

the lines show what you are about to crash into. i am particularly dangerous when in reverse so i like them. they are only on ,,,in reverse. course they need to be calibrated with your camera, hmmm

Old 06-16-2011, 05:45 PM

I wish I could find a way to hook up a reverse camera to my stock nav screen.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:31 PM
Banned

I wish I could find a way to hook up a reverse camera to my stock nav screen.
no video input?? camera is cheap

Old 06-16-2011, 09:26 PM

I talked to my dealer to see if I could get a camera in the mirror set up and he said that the rear view cmera was built into the radio display. I drove a cts with the mirror set up and asked if they did the same thing for the H3. I have an 09 can this be done?

Old 06-16-2011, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Not sure on the harness that goes to the rear for the camera. The mirror harness looks like this:

Side one:

Side two:

Connector:
Thanks for going out in the rain !!, went to a chevy dealer tonight and they couldn't tell me if it was prewired for the camera system or not so this will be helpful, although I doubt I will be doing it as all the parts from the dealer would run over 1K, although I might get lucky at a "you pick it" junk yard.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by V8-H3
Why do you want the lines off? They work great and I love them. My 07 had an after market w/o lines and my 08 has the factory one with. Much better with since the camera is aimed with them.

I want the lines off because I'll use it as a 2nd display when not in reverse and this isn't going into a Hummer so I don't know how the lines will line up. The part number has it listed as a mirror for a H3. I know for some of the mirrors if you hold down the power button the lines come off. Can anyone confirm that?

Old 01-13-2012, 12:35 PM

I don't know of anyone that's ever tried this, but it looks like it would work fairly well and also provide an input for an mp3 player or dvd player as well.

Ventura Technology - HUMMER H3 Navigation Video Interface (VT-GMNAVUNIVID-PRO-X2)

Old 03-20-2012, 09:07 PM

I know this is ancient but couldn't I buy an 09 GM mirror with backup camera to swap for the 08 rectangular monster? Should be plug and play, right?

Old 08-04-2012, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
OP: That is NOT an 09/10 OEM H3/H3T mirror with screen. I'll go out and take a photo and post it up here in a few minutes!

Notice there isn't any lines and the Onstar buttons are present.

any way you could snag a part number off that mirror of yours? lol thx.

Quick Reply: Rear view mirror with camera