Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Rain Leak - NOT DRAIN TUBES - Passenger Side Firewall

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 02:50 PM
Default Rain Leak - NOT DRAIN TUBES - Passenger Side Firewall

Hello All!

First thank you for looking at this.

I have an 08 H3 and have had the same Sunroof Drain issues as everyone else.

I completely removed all pillars and the headliner and cleaned out drain hoses and clamped them on the nipple and also removed the hose firewall plug and drilled out the + and reinstalled with some non setting faucet o-ring silicon JIC.

They are perfect and do not leak.

BUT I have something else leaking on the passenger side firewall. I did the above before and everything was fine, but I noticed the passenger side getting water in it when rains. Which made me think to do the above again to double check everything, and all sunroof tubes where fine and clog free.

So since I did the above 2x and made sure was connect to firewall correctly and leak free. There is certainly something else causing it. Hard to tell where it is coming from as it is impossible to see anything. But it is on the firewall behind the glovebox. I believe it is coming in somewhere to the left and below the area where the sunroof drain plugs attach to the firewall. I wrapped this sunroof tub grommet area with a paper towel and it was dry.

I did not see anything wet inside the engine compartment, on the firewall. One though is something getting in on the bottom of the windshield gasket and/or the vented area where the washer fluid squirters are. Maybe that is an easy thing to remove and see if I can see anything.

I did try searching, but hard to find anything that is not sunroof related, which is understandable.

Anyway I was hoping some of you guys had an idea or the same unfortunate experience before I start aimlessly ripping everything apart. lol

Thx Guys!...
Geo

Old 02-27-2018, 04:03 PM

jeeps are famous for leaking around the air intake to the heater/air box. floors rust away...
wonder if the h3 does to?

Old 02-27-2018, 11:06 PM

The antenna base might be leaking?

Old 02-28-2018, 08:38 AM

Does it smell sweet or is it sticky? Heater core might have a leak.

Old 02-28-2018, 01:29 PM

Thanks for the ideas.

No def don't think heat or ac leak, as it has been leaking in when raining and not ever started. Seems like rain water as much as I can tell.

Guess I am going to have to remove some things in order to get to areas to even see the leak.

Thanks guys!
Geo

Old 03-04-2018, 08:26 PM

Here is one that I found on mine last week. Waiting for the carpet to dry out completely and for more rain to check again. I was looking for the sunroof drains when I noticed the rubber boot for the door wiring wasn't installed correctly. I assumed some ice was jammed in there when the door was opened and pushed the boot into the interior a little. Originally I thought the wetness was caused by a hole in my floor mat.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:00 AM

Mine had a drip around the Heater Box. A Water Doctor found and fixed it.

Old 06-06-2019, 05:38 PM

Did you ever get the issue fixed? My 06 H3 with no sunroof is doing the same just wondering how to fix this.

Old 06-07-2019, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by parrip
Did you ever get the issue fixed? My 06 H3 with no sunroof is doing the same just wondering how to fix this.
Do a SEARCH and do NOT feel compelled to tack on to OLD threads because you found something to read.

Check your roof rack track mounting RivNuts to see if they have cracked the roof or pulled through and/or rusted out.

Old 06-08-2019, 09:10 AM

Thanks I will check the rivets.

Quick Reply: Rain Leak - NOT DRAIN TUBES - Passenger Side Firewall