Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Project H3!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 12:36 AM
rsc

If you like the look of having open space above the wheels (like you had a long-travel suspension) then the 1" lift and 33's is the way to go. I think it could look silly- little tires in a big fender opening. I have 33" Duratracs, leveled and shackles in the back so I know I would like a little more tire to fill the wheel wells, but bigger tires are going to hurt my daily mileage. Going with 35's will look much better if you are planning on lifting it, but an aggressive 33 won't be too terribly bad in there. If you do the Daystar 1" body lift you could always go the big tire route and get some big, fat 37's under there. 33's and a 4" lift would just look ghey.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:46 PM

I am pretty sure I am going with 295/75/16 toyo open country at2 tires. Any suggestions for exhaust :-D

Old 02-01-2013, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by SYNERGY of Sparta
I am pretty sure I am going with 295/75/16 toyo open country at2 tires. Any suggestions for exhaust :-D
I have the Magnaflows and I like them very much. I will post a video of the exhaust on my build thread in the near future

Old 02-04-2013, 11:30 AM

How much money should I prepare to dish out to get my grille plasti-dipped? And are there other methods to de-chrome?

Old 02-04-2013, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by SYNERGY of Sparta
How much money should I prepare to dish out to get my grille plasti-dipped? And are there other methods to de-chrome?
You can do it yourself. Plastidip is cheap if you buy by the can. I bought a kit that includes a specialized paint gun, and several gallons of plastidip. I was planning on spraying the whole truck but... I guess I talked myself out of that. Google it. I think they are around ~$7 a can, so maybe around $20 depending on how many coats you apply to your grille.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by gpcalero
You can do it yourself. Plastidip is cheap if you buy by the can. I bought a kit that includes a specialized paint gun, and several gallons of plastidip. I was planning on spraying the whole truck but... I guess I talked myself out of that. Google it. I think they are around ~$7 a can, so maybe around $20 depending on how many coats you apply to your grille.
Awesome!

I will be doing it saturday... hmmm... what happens if i mess it all up? is it easy to "fix"? and whats the deal with sanding? i read somewhere about sanding the grille first.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:07 PM

get on YouTube and search plastidip, there are tons of videos from the makers about doing wheels cars, everything. they go step by step

Old 02-04-2013, 08:15 PM

It's honestly not that hard. You just have to make sure the surface is clean, and that you prep it by wiping it down with isopropyl alcohol for better adhesion. Don't sand it at all. If you mess up or decide you don't like in the future, you can always peel it off and return it back to your stock chrome grille. It might benefit you some to google the process and see how easy it is.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:22 AM

Plasti-dip is super easy. I painted my grill and turn signals. I just wiped them down with a rag and sprayed them. Been on for almost 6 months, through the snow, and so far no peeling or any problems. Plan on painting my rims and step-bars once the weather gets warmer

Old 02-12-2013, 09:25 PM

De-chroming the grille and tinting is happening friday... where can I post pics?

...can I upload them to this sosite?

Quick Reply: Project H3!!