Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Power Locks and Driver Side Window not working

Old 04-04-2011, 01:51 PM

I have had this problem. Will attempt the battery tonight. Sounds super ghetto but we shall see.

Old 04-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Banned

dont know what starts it but, theres an electronic module in the driver door for window express down,,? whatever. it may need/get reset when shorting cables.
noise from bad connections is suspect and if batt conn dont stay clean/tight, need a good fix. new conn as described in forum.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by smith288
I have had this problem. Will attempt the battery tonight. Sounds super ghetto but we shall see.
Can confirm detaching cables from battery, touching them together and then reconnecting after 5 min fixed the issue for now.

Seems to be a common problem, seems to me to be a major design flaw.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:12 AM

UPDATE:

Had my battery replaced after this occured yet again. Seems to be a problem when a battery has lost it's will to live. I had to get a jump, drove to AutoZone and got a new battery.

Forgot to touch the cables after installing battery so the locks and my driver side window still wouldn't work so I tried this morning but the post grease prevented good connection and it still wouldn't work so I will have to try to do it again after I get off work and see if having a new battery helps.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:24 AM

I checked my door harness, but it looked like it was in good shape. I cleaned and greased the connectors anyway and put it back together.

Then I touched the battery terminals and that seemed to work. However, a day or so later, the truck wouldn't start again (dead battery) and when I jumped it, the locks and window were not working again.

I finally took it to the dealer. They found that there was a large draw on the battery even when the truck was off. They thought it could be a bad Body Control Module. They finally traced it to a wire harness under the fuse box that looked like it had been chewed by a rodent. They repaired the wires and installed a new battery.

I've had the truck back for a day with no problems. I'm hoping this is a permanent fix.

-Alan

Last edited by AlanH3; 04-21-2011 at 09:09 AM. Reason: typos
Old 04-16-2011, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by AlanH3
I checked my door harness, but it looked like it was in good shape. I cleaned and greased the connectors anyway and put it back together.

Then I touched the battery terminals and that seemed to work. However, a day or so later, the truck wouldn't start again (dead battery) and when I jumped it, the locks and window were no working again.

I finally took it to the dealer. They found that there was a large draw on the battery even when the truck was off. They thought it could be a bade Body Control Module. They finally traced it to a wire harness under the fuse box that looked like it had been chewed by a rodent. They repaired the wires and installed a new battery.

I've had the truck back for a day with no problems. I'm hoping this is a permanent fix.

-Alan
Holy Crap. I think that may be my problem. Thanks for sharing Alan. I still have not fixed the problem but it has not come back in a while. Anyway back to what Alan was saying about the rodent. At my house we have squirrels. These little bastards love to chew on wires. I know as they started chewing on my 120v in my attic. Very destructive creatures. So anyway, while trying the tips on this board to fix this problem (which did not work for me), I noticed beside the fuse panel under the hood, a rodent nest and some peanuts. This could very well be my problem too.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Banned

they found that there was a large draw on the battery even when the truck was off.
? large??

should be .110 amp,,like 1/10 of an amp.
if u unhook a batt cable and connect an ammeter in series u should see 2 amps for a short time,,seconds, then 110 milliamps. thats the computer keep alive,sleeping current.
above that,u got trouble

Old 04-16-2011, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by djezrock
Holy Crap. I think that may be my problem. Thanks for sharing Alan. I still have not fixed the problem but it has not come back in a while. Anyway back to what Alan was saying about the rodent. At my house we have squirrels. These little bastards love to chew on wires. I know as they started chewing on my 120v in my attic. Very destructive creatures. So anyway, while trying the tips on this board to fix this problem (which did not work for me), I noticed beside the fuse panel under the hood, a rodent nest and some peanuts. This could very well be my problem too.
All squirrels must die. Check out deadsquirrels.com

I live in an oak forest. Tree rats are causing problems everywhere! Hunderds of them die each year due to lead poisoning.

Old 04-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Default Fixed mine today

I tryed everything I read all over the web. Removed the drivers side switch pannel and used contact cleaner on the plugs removing and replacing them in and out to scuff the contacts, then all the fuse solutions, none worked for me ,then I removed the battery leads and touched them together, still nonthing.
THEN I FOUND OUT ABOUT THE PCM???
I REMOVED THE RELAY # 77 on my 2007 H3 Labled PCM CNTRL
SWAPED IT WITH THE ONE ABOVE IT AND TADA " IT WORKS"

Old 04-21-2011, 09:12 AM

We have a lot of chipmunks around here too. Not sure which type of critter it was. Maybe I need to set some traps and find out....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power Locks and Driver Side Window not working