Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Power Locks and Driver Side Window not working

Old 04-20-2015, 02:42 PM
rsc

I've got a hole-saw in the tool box just waiting for this to come around on my truck. (written tongue-in-cheek, but not really)

Old 04-20-2015, 04:39 PM

yeah, my air chisel will do a neat job!
then ill add a padlock!

Old 04-21-2015, 03:34 AM
Default Totally 150% agree w/Jruta

Removing the master switch and waiting a few maybe even going inside for breakfast, lunch or dinner or even for the night then reconnecting it the next morning will always do the trick. It definitely does have to do with a voltage drop either because of a weak battery, a bad connection w/battery terminal or anything for that reason but doing as we have mentioned will always remedy the problem. Everything other than this will only be a waste of time. Been there and done it.

Originally Posted by Jruta
Sorry to disagree Doc, but after 30-50 ignition cycles it didn't remedy itself until the master switch was removed and re-installed. Period.

Old 04-21-2015, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by prruffrider
Removing the master switch and waiting a few maybe even going inside for breakfast, lunch or dinner or even for the night then reconnecting it the next morning will always do the trick. It definitely does have to do with a voltage drop either because of a weak battery, a bad connection w/battery terminal or anything for that reason but doing as we have mentioned will always remedy the problem. Everything other than this will only be a waste of time. Been there and done it.
That's interesting, as I have never had to pop the master door switch to get mine, or the other couple dozen peeps I helped out, corrected. Just a lucky bunch of flukes I guess.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:59 PM

Hi guys,

Had this problem today. The solution was kind of weird, and this is certainly a more common problem than I thought.

Here is a video of the issue that I made to hopefully help some people out. I don't know if this is how all GMs work...but it certainly happens to a lot of hummers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uekl...ature=youtu.be

Hope this helps someone!

K

Old 04-28-2015, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

What you fixed was not the same problem this thread was started for (loss of correct voltage to the vehicle from the battery causing circuit glitch). Same end result symptom, yes, same cause, no.

However, still excellent information to have and will no doubt help others.

Thank you for posting. KUDOS!

Old 04-28-2015, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
What you fixed was not the same problem this thread was started for (loss of correct voltage to the vehicle from the battery causing circuit glitch). Same end result symptom, yes, same cause, no.

However, still excellent information to have and will no doubt help others.

Thank you for posting. KUDOS!

I did run the battery dead and had to boost it that day (cleaning car and was playing music)

So it could have been caused by the same thing, but just reseating the rubber somehow worked for me

Old 01-09-2017, 07:03 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by prruffrider
I had unplugged my battery to swap out my hvac bulbs (not sure if this was necessary but I did it anyway). I was happy to see my bulbs worked, but the next day I realized my drivers window only and power locks no longer worked. I'm so used to hear them lock in reverse or unlock when in park that I knew something was wrong. I found out about the window using a drive thru... that sucked. Anyways, I tried leaving the positive terminal off for 30 minutes and that didn't work, I also tried leaving the negative cable off for 30 minutes and that didn't work. On my 35 minute trek to work I turned the heater on full blast and aimed the leftmost one directly towards the master switch. When I got to work and put the truck in park I heard the sweetest sound of the doors unlocking! This was the first time this has ever happened to me and I've disconnected the battery many times. I'm guessing it has something to do with the cold? THANKS TO EVERY ONE WHO COMMENTED HERE!!!!!!

Old 04-25-2017, 11:53 AM
DPP

Originally Posted by Jruta
Sorry, but the ONLY remedy is popping the drivers-side door master switch out then replacing it once the capacitors have discharged. It's the ONLY thing that has ever worked for me.

New battery? Old battery? Replacing battery terminals? Touching positive and negative terminals together? Indian rain dance? Voodoo? New engine? Old engine? Jump start? Pulling fuses numbers 0 through 100? Replacing the switch? ALL NONSENSE! Getting my point?

Unfortunately there has NEVER EVER been a clear, concise Answer to this electrical nightmare until this. Best part? It costs ZERO.

Thanks to this forum I saved myself HUNDREDS.

Remove the switch (butterknife- see other posts) and let the capacitors discharge. You can speed up the process but touching every switch terminal together if you can, if not, just let it sit for an hour or two.

Re-install switch = FIXED!

Popped the drivers door switches out carefully using a putty knife. Took apart the circuit board. Took me all of 3min to take it apart using toothpicks to separate the 6 hooks on each side of the switch housing. Touched a screwdriver to the capacitors **** on the underside of the board. (1/8" round about 1/2" long). Reassembled the switch, reconnected the wire clips, turned on the car and WALLA! The drivers door now works and the power locks function normally even with the remote key fob.

Thanks for the tips!

Old 04-27-2017, 12:41 PM

kHummer, what did you use to rejuvenate the rubber pad?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power Locks and Driver Side Window not working