PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 06:05 PM
Question Please help!

Hello guys, I bought my 07 H3 a couple months ago. There are three issues bothering me a lot and I need some help with that.

First, I did oil change for it in the early Jan, and I drove about 1,800 miles till now. But the oil change warning sign poped up in last week. Should I just ignore it and do the oil change after another 1,200 miles?

Second, every time I drove on a highway I can feel it shakes for few minutes, and then it comes back to normal (no more shakes). After maybe 10 minutes, service TPM would appear on the dash. The sign would disappear on the next day I drove it. Btw,

Second, I got a brand new remote fob from the dealer (it didn't come with it when I bought it). However, if I want to lock or unlock the vehicle, I have to place the fob real close the car like 2 inch away from the driver side window. The GM dealer said it might because of a bad sensor and would cost $95 just for them to check it out. Should I go for it? How much would it probably cost to get a new sensor for my H3?

Any reply will be appreciated! Thank you guys for your help!

Old 03-11-2013, 07:54 PM
qui

When you changed your oil, did you reset your oil life monitor? (page 327)

Old 03-11-2013, 08:13 PM

Change oil light= reset monitor. TPMS= check your tire pressure. Take that key fob back to the dealer that you purchased it from, and make sure the fob works properly before you leave.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by qui
When you changed your oil, did you reset your oil life monitor? (page 327)
Thank you so much!

Old 03-12-2013, 12:20 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hummerz
Change oil light= reset monitor. TPMS= check your tire pressure. Take that key fob back to the dealer that you purchased it from, and make sure the fob works properly before you leave.
I checked the tire pressure 3 or 4 times, and there was no problem with it.

For the key fob, I talked to the dealer and he rechecked the fob battery. There was no problem with the battery. So he said that there might be something wrong with the sensor inside the car and would cost $95 to just check it

Thank you for your reply!

Old 03-12-2013, 12:41 PM

Do the relean procedure on your TPMS. It is in your manual. I assume you had the FOB programmed to the truck when you bought it from the dealer. If you have more than one FOB, they all need to be programmed at the same time As for your shake, it sounds as if your tires are flat spotting after it sits a while and it goes away after they warm up. Good Luck.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:17 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RKSmith163
Do the relean procedure on your TPMS. It is in your manual. I assume you had the FOB programmed to the truck when you bought it from the dealer. If you have more than one FOB, they all need to be programmed at the same time As for your shake, it sounds as if your tires are flat spotting after it sits a while and it goes away after they warm up. Good Luck.
Thank you for your reply! I only have one key fob and it's programmed. I got brand new rims and tires for the truck after I got it, and I drive it almost everyday. I have the tire pressure checked out 4 or 5 times already after the TPMS. But the tire pressure is normal. Nothing wrong with it

Old 03-13-2013, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by zsiy53
Thank you for your reply! I only have one key fob and it's programmed. I got brand new rims and tires for the truck after I got it, and I drive it almost everyday. I have the tire pressure checked out 4 or 5 times already after the TPMS. But the tire pressure is normal. Nothing wrong with it
What is your tire pressure COLD? It doesn't matter what it is after you drive it, it is all about psi COLD.

"COLD" means after the vehicle sits still outside for a minimum of 3 hours after the last time it was driven, so set them all at exactly 38PSI cold and then see what happens.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:06 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
What is your tire pressure COLD? It doesn't matter what it is after you drive it, it is all about psi COLD.

"COLD" means after the vehicle sits still outside for a minimum of 3 hours after the last time it was driven, so set them all at exactly 38PSI cold and then see what happens.
Thank you my friend. I changed the OEM tires to off-road tires after I bought it. Should I still set them at 38PSI?

Old 03-14-2013, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by zsiy53
Thank you my friend. I changed the OEM tires to off-road tires after I bought it. Should I still set them at 38PSI?
Set them at whatever you want to get the light off. Pressure changes 1psi for every 10 degree change in temperature. Try setting them ALL at 38psi, then test drive it, usually less than a mile for light to go off. If your TPMS goes off, drop the pressures down to where you want(just don't go to low).