Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

performance chips

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 03:19 PM

Hey El Beasto, would love to see some pics of that "Long Tube Header System!" Does it replace that "smashed" pipe that runs above the torsion bar???? When I first noticed it and realized it was like that from the factory only could imagine how much power that robs from performance.

Im for sure going with the PCMforless when I get the money together. I have not heard anything bad about them. Unfortunately that is really your only feasible option. The other reputable chip makers (not that crap off of ebay) don't produce chips for the I5 and those that were performing the R&D for it gave up after HUMMER went under.

Old 07-08-2011, 03:59 AM

hi guys
any ideas on any good aftermarket sports filter as cold air intakes available in australia are mundane. they have been tried and tested by stage 3 customs and they feel that it made no difference to the car. I am thinking of oil based sports filter any direction would be appreciated

Old 07-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Default Thank you

thanks to all that replied, i truely appreciate the advice. I believe i will check out everything that everyone said, except for that colorado guy.... just kidding, you tried bud. once again thanks

Old 07-11-2011, 04:17 AM

I think the best way to get more power out of the 2006 H3 is to buy a newer model, I am in the same boat, I looked everywhere it seems like no one carries a really big HP gain, like a turbocharger or supercharger, meaning an easy bolt on kit with minor issues

Old 10-23-2011, 09:34 AM

Anyone have a good comparison between the PDM and the Raptorq? They look the same, but do they perform the same. There seems to be a big price difference.

Rick

Old 07-15-2018, 04:58 PM

I just got a performance chip for my h3 form a company called powertune. I was not expecting much when I bought it and it's just ok, no crazy increase in HP but it does give it more pep. If you want a little more kick then I'd recommend it but don't expect to gain a ton of hp. The company also put together reviews on their site from customers. Some just talking about it and some doing 0-60 tests with and without it. 0-60-test-powertune-performance-chip-review/]powertune performance chip review

Last edited by Doc Olds; 07-16-2018 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ishmail
I just got a performance chip for my h3 form a company called powertune. I was not expecting much when I bought it and it's just ok, no crazy increase in HP but it does give it more pep. If you want a little more kick then I'd recommend it but don't expect to gain a ton of hp. The company also put together reviews on their site from customers. Some just talking about it and some doing 0-60 tests with and without it. 0-60-test-powertune-performance-chip-review/]powertune performance chip review
First post, digs up an almost SEVEN YEAR OLD Thread, to post a link to a chip maker. Pretty much fits the definition of a spammer.

Last edited by Doc Olds; 07-16-2018 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:44 AM

YEP, can you just delete his post? Or at least the link?

Old 07-16-2018, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TAINTER
YEP, can you just delete his post? Or at least the link?
Link gone, on the spamo-meter observation for further action if necessary.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:32 AM

Ah man, it didn’t get to click his link! Lol

Quick Reply: performance chips