Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

performance chips

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 05:28 PM
Default performance chips

just bought my 2006 h3 with the inline 5. looking to add a chip. does anyone have any suggestions?

Old 07-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Old 07-03-2011, 10:54 PM

Performance chips are junk. Find someone with an HP Tuner. They will reprogram the details on your PCM. You can get a personal tune if you show up in person or you can do the general mail order like PCMforless. I personally haven't heard good things about the mail order tunes which is why I got mine specific for me and done in person.

You can have your tourgue management adjusted, speed limiter removed and a whole bunch of other good things. My tune increased my power and has improved my MPG. Even though I don't have a hummer, I have the 3.7L 5 cylinder in my Colorado. Same powertrain and PCM

Old 07-04-2011, 12:09 AM

silver08colorado, you "haven't heard good things about the mail order tunes", "general mail order like PCMforless".

Hmmmm, I've NEVER heard a bad thing from anyone about the PCMforless tune or their customer service! Please don't waddle over here from the 355 nation, and spew your stuff about one of our forum sponsors. Not a good move.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:39 AM

is pcmforless available to outside the states such as sydney australia as i feel the h3 3.7 in line donk is a little underpowered compared to jap 4x4 in its petrol class

Old 07-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Default Performance

Hello,

I have been on a quest to improve my 2006 H3 performance for quite a while now. Here is what I have done and I am very with the results.
1. Air Raid intake & throttle body spacer
2. Predator MotorSports Performance Computer Upgrade
3. Long Tube Header System
4. MangnaFlow Exhaust.

Most parts are online at www.hummerpartsclub.com
Great guys to work with.
This was not a cheap set up but it was well worth it. Can tell the difference in HP & Milage

As for chips and programmers, I looked forever and either heard bad reviews or product was not in production anymore.
Hope that helps.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:37 PM

Go for a JET performance chip

Old 07-07-2011, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by silver08colorado
... Even though I don't have a hummer, I have the 3.7L 5 cylinder in my Colorado. Same powertrain and PCM
His post clearly highlighted his misunderstanding - the powertrain and engine programming are NOT the same in the Colorado and an H3.

Pieces and parts may be similar, but not the same. If you want to play with Hummers (H3=GMT-345) one should get educated. Pick up the book "Hummer H3" by Larry Edsall. That would be a good start.

Just because a cat has kittens in an oven, that doesn't make them biscuits.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DJINCO
Just because a cat has kittens in an oven, that doesn't make them biscuits.

That might be one of the funniest things I have ever read on a forum.....

A+

Old 07-07-2011, 07:41 AM

hi guys
i think el beasto is on the same track that i want to go down as far as performance upgrades go. i might try a sports after market air filter as a start then onto a headers and exhaust system set up. a hummer needs to perform as aggressive as it looks. d jinco is right as the h3 and the colorado might have similar drivetrains and motors but i think they would be programmed diferently, diferent horses for different courses

Quick Reply: performance chips