Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   Hummer H3 (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3-17/)
-   -   Passlock-No Start-Ignition Switch Replacement (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3-17/passlock-no-start-ignition-switch-replacement-25563/)

Doc Olds 01-08-2021 02:58 PM

Still digging up OLD AZZED Threads!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doc Olds 01-08-2021 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by jriccardi (Post 380989)
How much did that cost?

Welcome. I gotta say, put your glasses on and let us all know How much did WHAT cost? Like as in what are you talking about in this dinosaur thread?????? READ: Old Threads/'Necro-Bumping'

You can do it. This is how it works. You were chilling at the computer searchin out your H3 questions and you stumble upon some OLD AZZED Thread that was talking about some fringe element of whatever it was you were looking into. You joined the forums to post a question about the thing you were trying to learn about. In the thread it brings up something that triggers your interest. Instead of tacking a short how much ???? on the end of said OLD AZZED Thread, you, being the super Forums Joining Posting Whiz Kid H3 Hummer info seeking enthusiast, you start a brand NEW Thread and ask your question. Goes like this:

NEW THREAD Name
I have a 20__ H3 model with X miles and I am having this ____________ problem. Recently I had this ____________________ work done and now this.......

I came across this thread (link to it here if you thing it is important) and it mentioned _______________.
Then ask your question about whatever (spell it out, might have to actually type a few sentences) it is that you want to know how much it costs.

Good luck.

Virginia_acuna 01-20-2021 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by telemike (Post 289301)
I was going to do the remote starte bypass box but then decided that having the Engine PCM ignore the Passlock signal from the BCM was better. I never have to worry about the Passlock now. My engine starts every time since the PCM always has fuel injectors on and does not have to get a Passlock signal to turn them on.

Please tell me how you did this I just took my hummer h3 to the dealer and they are telling me it is the battery and cables and told me $1400 to replace the negative terminal cables and battery WTF. SO I TD THEM IM POSITIVE THEY Are wrong and I told them to keep it until it won't start for them because of course it wouldn't not start for them figures the same truck got scared or something just my luck but long story short I need help I am to pick up my truck tomorrow morning and either pay 180 diagnosis or 1400 to change battery and cables both putting me back where I started.

Doc Olds 01-20-2021 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Virginia_acuna (Post 381273)
Please tell me how you did this I just took my hummer h3 to the dealer and they are telling me it is the battery and cables and told me $1400 to replace the negative terminal cables and battery WTF. SO I TD THEM IM POSITIVE THEY Are wrong and I told them to keep it until it won't start for them because of course it wouldn't not start for them figures the same truck got scared or something just my luck but long story short I need help I am to pick up my truck tomorrow morning and either pay 180 diagnosis or 1400 to change battery and cables both putting me back where I started.

WHY ARE YOU TAKING ON THE END OF THID OLD AS DIRT THREAD????????????????????????????????

If you want to ask a question, start a new thread. How old is your H3? Year, miles any recent work done before your issue started should be included in your question. A "Dealer" is the LAST place to take any out of warranty vehicle.

Since none of us can see your battery cables, we got no idea if they are correct or bilking you for $$. However, if you were to search for answers here, you would find that the first mod to do to every H3 is to replace the Crappy Azzed OEM Battery Terminal Connectors (not the cables, just the terminal connectors) as they are the #1 known cause for multiple electrical issues.

Good luck