Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Paparazzi's Expedition H3 Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 02:11 AM

Personally, I am glad this thread was brought back to the top. This is the first time I have ever seen it and there are some great pictures as well as great info in this thread. I don't really understand the obsession with old threads. The information is still accurate, and some of us weren't here to see the old threads when they were new. Is there a rule about how old a thread can be before we are not supposed to respond to it? If so, it should be made prevalent so we all know. Internet forums, by design, are made so that all threads are searchable simply so that all information is still available. If old threads coming back is such a big deal, an archive should be added to the forum that after a certain time threads can be found in searches but are read only. I know you can do that in phpBB so I assume you can in vBulletin too. I just don't see the big deal. I learned a lot in this thread.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Hummeron37s
I am from Long Island but we will with NY people from Buffalo, Albany, Westchester and Rochester. We wheel with people from NY, NJ, CT, PA, VT, VA, OH basically the whole northeast
Dated 7/9/10

Originally Posted by hennyofd
Hey finally wore through my 265/65/18s and want to upgrade doing it up similar to your orange one here. Any help would be great looking to see how big i can go on the stock h3x wheel?
Thanks
Dated 1/31/12

Originally Posted by Songman
I don't really understand the obsession with old threads. The information is still accurate, and some of us weren't here to see the old threads when they were new. Is there a rule about how old a thread can be before we are not supposed to respond to it? If so, it should be made prevalent so we all know. Internet forums, by design, are made so that all threads are searchable simply so that all information is still available. If old threads coming back is such a big deal, an archive should be added to the forum that after a certain time threads can be found in searches but are read only. I know you can do that in phpBB so I assume you can in vBulletin too. I just don't see the big deal. I learned a lot in this thread.
Short explanation: we are trying to encourage new threads by new members about new conversations. Old trees die, new ones pop up.

This has nothing to do with how good a thread is, this is an excellent thread, outstanding I would say.

The way to approach these old threads was clearly spelled out and a sticky at the top, under my READ: Old Threads/'Necrobumping' thread, which I am sure every new member has read thouroughly before even thinking of posting.

"Rules of thumb

■If you have a question, start a new thread and link to the old if relevant.
■If you have something to add and judge that your information is related, but more up-to-date, start a new thread and link to the old if desired, but avoid duplicating effort by posting information already contained in the Archived Thread Section, sticky threads (at the top of the forum) and the old thread itself.
■If you have a version-agnostic or corresponding solution, necrobumping can be appropriate in limited circumstances."

I don't think it is too much to ask to link an old thread or threads when you want to start new questions about an old one. Posting pics from an old one is easy as a couple clicks. Then we have the best of both worlds, new threads by new members talking about fresh stuff involving an old thread, all closer to the top of the search engine. In this instance, if this was linked by the grave digger (just some razzin henryofd ) to a searchable title like "H3X Build Question" or whatever, it would be easier to find.... any noobs gonna search for Brian's build of Deb's truck under this thread name??????????

Old 02-09-2012, 07:15 PM

Then I suggest that whoever administers this site look for the option of an archive where after a certain amount of time threads go there and are read only. They can still be searched and linked and used for information. People will invariably find old threads when they do a search for a specific subject. If they ask a question that has been asked before, everyone jumps and tells them to search. Then when they search they find an old thread and without noticing they post in it and then they get jumped again. It could make new people not feel welcome. So, just as a suggestion, the archive addition would be a failsafe that keeps mods happy and keeps people from accidentally bringing up old threads. I'm sure no one does it on purpose since they know they will get their fingers burned...

Old 02-10-2012, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Songman
Then I suggest that whoever administers this site look for the option of an archive where after a certain amount of time threads go there and are read only.
We already have an archive section, an peeps still dig those up and/or post in there asking... hey why can't I post in here?????? Just more stuff to clean up.

Thanks for you input.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:30 PM

That's a pretty H3x in this thread...lol