PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Off-road lights + marker lights combo

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 08:10 PM
Default Off-road lights + marker lights combo

Finally decided to get off my lazy *** to do some work on the h3... Installed several clearance marker lights in the front to complement the off-road light bar... corner lights are OEM (minus the bulb, which I decided to use LED inside. I didn't think the center had space for three lights so I installed only two of them, small LEDs. Did look a little crowded up front, but I guess it does look better than without any of the stuff!!

Some pics...
Name:  IMG_8885a.jpg
Views: 10952
Size:  58.0 KB

Another one - side view
Name:  IMG_8891a.jpg
Views: 10930
Size:  55.6 KB

While at it, also put in two rear marker lights at the corners, red LED... still trying to grow some b@!!s before I drill the back to put in the middle three.. I may never have the guts to do so!

More pics
Name:  IMG_8906a.jpg
Views: 6980
Size:  57.2 KB

Again - side view

Name:  IMG_8908a.jpg
Views: 7080
Size:  59.4 KB

You can see the CB antenna install also - all thanks to tips from Wu Jen.. thanks Wu Jen!

Old 06-24-2007, 08:42 PM
Default RE: Off-road lights + marker lights combo

I keep wondering when someone will come out with piece for the rear markers like the front.....

Clearance issues perhaps....?

Maybe something that slides onto the door top and adheres with 3m tape or something?

I wouldn't feel bad about drilling into the plastic for the outboard/corner lights....but that metal drilling makes me nervous.

Old 06-24-2007, 10:24 PM

I really like the look of the front marker lights with the off road lights, nicely done!

Old 06-24-2007, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator

if you want me to drill the metal I will.....

Old 06-25-2007, 10:42 AM

That does look pretty good all right!

Old 06-26-2007, 04:21 PM

Really nice look. I must admit that when I saw the title of the thread, I was a bit skeptical about being able to have both off-road and marker lights together, but theyreally lookawesome in those pics... Post some night shots if you have time.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:07 PM

OK, Just ordered my off road light kit and I'd REALLY like to add the marker lights like you did. Any info you could pass along would be very helpful. Anything from the part number of the lights, where you got them, how you mounted them, wiring etc.
I'd really appreciate any help
Thanks,

Old 07-20-2007, 10:13 PM

ORIGINAL: JDJoe

Really nice look. I must admit that when I saw the title of the thread, I was a bit skeptical about being able to have both off-road and marker lights together, but theyreally lookawesome in those pics... Post some night shots if you have time.
Here are some night shots I finally took! My camera seems to be dying, but there's probably little difference since you can't see too much at night except the lights anyways!

Front:

Name:  IMG_0056a.jpg
Views: 7118
Size:  14.1 KB

Front angled view
Name:  IMG_0055a.jpg
Views: 6976
Size:  14.9 KB

Old 07-20-2007, 10:14 PM

Here's one of the back view

Name:  IMG_0054a.jpg
Views: 7040
Size:  15.8 KB

Old 07-20-2007, 10:21 PM

ORIGINAL: bonzaiii

OK, Just ordered my off road light kit and I'd REALLY like to add the marker lights like you did. Any info you could pass along would be very helpful. Anything from the part number of the lights, where you got them, how you mounted them, wiring etc.
I'd really appreciate any help
Thanks,
Bonzaiii, sorry for the late response, its been crazy...
I wasn't going to igonre you since its only right that I provide whatever help I could, given the amount of knowledge and help I obtained from the forum! Hope this doesn't come too late!

So, I actually first started with the rear marker lights... I wanted LEDs since they last much longer, and don't require much current at all (hence lower risk for blowing whatever circuit I was drawing power from if I added multiple lights)... didn't really like the selection at the local stores, so I went with this one from eastmarine:

http://shop.easternmarine.com/index....p;categoryID=0

Drilled into the corner pieces to install the rear corner lights. As to the power source, I think some folks tapped it off the trailer wiring, which is possible, but I tapped it off the rear lights. I ran wires from the rear lights sneaking up the rear taillight assembly, up the corner pieces to the rear corner marker lights...

Because its tapped to the rear lights, they come on automatically as the sky dims, and also when you activate the remote etc. Then lacking the b@lls to drill into the rear door for the center rear lights, I moved onto the front marker lights...

Quick Reply: Off-road lights + marker lights combo