Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

O6 H3 dash lights up but won't start

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2019, 03:57 PM
Default O6 H3 dash lights up but won't start

Hi everyone.
ok I seem to have quite a few issues with my H3.
Sometimes it will start first turn of a key, some days like today It can take me almost an hour to get it going.
So when it won't start i get a bunch of lights come up on my dash stabilizer system, battery light check engine light, a steering wheel light, my pass lock light none of my gauges will work. I plug my diagnostic reader in and it won't load up. After 10 minutes to an hour it fires up no problem. Now the next issue is when I'm driving all the lights come on and my gauges die too. The car still drives everything works fine. Just no speedo rev counter temp gauge or fuel gauge. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance Terry.

Old 12-30-2019, 04:30 PM

Get yourself 1 of these:

Old 01-02-2020, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

MOVED your thread for you as the HF Help & Suggestion Center has nothing to do with any vehicle. Note where it says: "Need help with Hummer Forums? Have a suggestion to better HF? Tell us here!"

Are still trying to use the OEM Battery Terminal Connectors which are absolute junk? You should replace them with a quality aftermarket set like Stingers or your favorite brand. Your PCM and BCM are monitor voltage within expected ranges, a bad connection at the battery renders the H3 susceptible to minute voltage inconsistencies which are not correctly interpreted, thus your electrical Gremlins. #1 first mod to be done to every H3/H3T is to get rid of the crappy OEM Battery Terminal Connectors. Cheap and easy fix. Easy stuff first.

Other possibility, same reasons, different cause, is when your sunroof drains are clogged and water leaks inside down the passenger side kick panel and gets the BCM wet. Electronics and water do not get along well.

Last edited by Doc Olds; 01-03-2020 at 03:06 PM.