Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

New Year Decisions

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2023, 10:12 AM
Default New Year Decisions

Well, we say goodbye to 2023 tonight and Happy New Year! Here are my H3 Hummer thoughts...
A. Do I install a new aftermarket NAV/RADIO with color back up camera? I probably will spend $1,000-1,400 to have an expert do this for me. They are highly regarded in my area and stand by their work.
B. There are three small (1") circular cracks in the original windshield. None are in my line of sight. Do I replace the windshield? 🤔 HmmmC. The TPMS is a piece of ****. No other way to describe it. If I get new tires...I will not put TPMS sensors back in the wheels! I can push that button to remove the code. I know, read the manual and "reset" the TPMS... again!
D. Final decision is...do I just sell my almost perfect H3 with less than 90,000 miles and EVERY maintenance item performed...and buy a 2023-2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee? Say what you want about Yeeps...they still have PARTS for the damned things!
Oh well...I truly hope each of you enjoy a wonderful, safe, Happy New Year!!!

Old 12-31-2023, 01:51 PM

Just drive it. Have fun!

Old 12-31-2023, 09:22 PM

If you have the money, or willing to go into debt w/car payments, sure, buy a 2023 Jeep GC!

Are you somewhat mechanically-inclined?

Not THAT hard to install a stereo/backup camera yourself to save you some money.

So a radio, TPMS sensors, and chips in the windshield and you want a new rig?

Oh man, you must have so much money burning a hole in your pocket.

Old 01-01-2024, 11:21 AM

quote-''I probably will spend $1,000-$1,400 to have an expert do this for me''...

That's a lot of $$$ for a NAV/RADIO with a back up camera

Old 01-01-2024, 01:01 PM

I have conducted a rather exhaustive search for the highest quality installer and the best equipment for the NAV/Radio & back up camera. Yes, it's a lot of money. But everything is more expensive today. I respect your opinions but...I have done the research and this is what I will have to invest.
That said I am more than reluctant to do anything electronic with the H3... it's more than finicky!
And yes, I have the ability to do the work but my body won't always cooperate.
I personally don't believe that my financial situation is anyone's business. Comments about a member's finances are NOT part of the forum's purpose! If those comments are allowed...then, I feel obliged to ask...If I can afford to spend cash for another vehicle, then why can't you?
We must realize that comments like that are exactly the reason this forum has so few members!