PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New to the Hummer family and lookin for more horses!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 04:42 AM
Default New to the Hummer family and lookin for more horses!

Just got a 06 h3 with the 3.5L and noticed what everyone else knows... Not enough juice!!! I was just wondering what some of the cheapest, best mods are to gain hp and tq. Put the Volant cold air intake in and don't feel much difference from the stock. Plans are exaugst then chip next....

Old 02-09-2011, 07:23 AM

exhaust helps. i have a Flowmast 50 and I can tell a difference. I wouldn't chip a vehicle unless you use the really expensive brands. I chiped a car once and had to replace a bunch of electronic parts...

just keep in mind its a hummer not a corvette... lol

Old 02-09-2011, 07:48 AM

Hopefully you got a good deal on your Volant, you could have saved some $ either by making your own intake (search forums) or buying an AirDoc. You'll get more out of your Volant if you remove the resonator. https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/s...ghlight=volant
Look into PCMforless for programming. I would wait to do the PCM if there are any tire upgrades in the near future.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:34 AM

Yea the volant came with the tube strait into the t-body, so I'm good there. I have been having the same problem with the dip in rpm's at stop lights. This happened with the stock intake and the new volant. Any ideas???

Old 02-11-2011, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by FoxCO
Yea the volant came with the tube strait into the t-body, so I'm good there. I have been having the same problem with the dip in rpm's at stop lights. This happened with the stock intake and the new volant. Any ideas???
Use the search option on this forum and you will find the answers to all your questions.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:26 PM

So how much does exaust really help? Are we talking 10-20 hp? Also, what was the biggest difference you noticed when getting pcmforless programming?

Old 02-12-2011, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

Exhaust = maybe 2-5, the 5 end for V8s, the 2 end for I5s, and that may be giving too much credit. Most do exhaust for some sound. Another reason is to take advantage of other mods.

An intake brings more air in and a better breathing CAT back exhaust helps move more air out. Add in a PCM tune for tuning fuel and spark curves, and AT shift firmness, and keeping you in the best power band range longer creates a huge improvement in drivability. Next is to do an Efan conversion and free up some motor load by getting rid of that big honkin clutch fan.

When you finally decide to get a PCM tune, you will be wondering why you waited so long.