Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Need some help with new Hummer H3 fluid leak transmission?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 12:32 PM

And Doc I did check coolant and its fine and level it should be..

Old 08-14-2020, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TAINTER
DOC, are you still allowed to say that?
Yes, in limited specific context.

Old 08-14-2020, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

When Trans is in "D"rive does it start out in first? If yes, look at the linkage.

You do not have to shift gears ever before changing the Trans Fluid & Filter, that's internet Bull Chit. There are how to vids to search for your H3 Hummer Trans Fluid & Filter change.

Read this thread for more re: vibration: Acts like it wants to stall/rough idle -No CEL -What To Do:

Old 08-14-2020, 01:32 PM

Doc I meant when trying to shift through the dash lights (P, R, N, D, 3, 2, 1) I get through all and the dash lights up showing I'm shifting but when I am at "2" the shifter has no more room physically to go back into "1". Its not stuck it just has no clearance to go farther its almost touching the bezel ring around the shifter

Old 08-14-2020, 01:35 PM

And Doc I've done everything you listed in that thread except #7 but it isn't stumbling or having a hard time idling just making rattling sound and vibrating like crazy!
Thanks for the help really appreciate you!

Old 08-15-2020, 12:13 PM

Time to take it to a mechanic & get a free estimate.

Old 08-17-2020, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 06HummerSATX
Doc I meant when trying to shift through the dash lights (P, R, N, D, 3, 2, 1) I get through all and the dash lights up showing I'm shifting but when I am at "2" the shifter has no more room physically to go back into "1". Its not stuck it just has no clearance to go farther its almost touching the bezel ring around the shifter
Yeah, I get that. What I asked is, when in drive does it start in 1st gear? If yes, then it is a linkage issues, not trans internal. Whoever did the T Case work before you bought it left you with a linkage out of adjustment.

Old 08-17-2020, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Yeah, I get that. What I asked is, when in drive does it start in 1st gear? If yes, then it is a linkage issues, not trans internal. Whoever did the T Case work before you bought it left you with a linkage out of adjustment.
Yes once I put it in drive from park it is in 1st and shifts smooth through all the shifts as far as rpms go.. its an 06 and the carfax says it had 2 transfer cases replaced a month apart in 2007..the previous owner seems to have had maintenance done and had it serviced (is in really good shape for an 06) but shows no other work to the transfer case since the 2 replacements..

Old 08-17-2020, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

Possible very likely solution/answer/problem identification = Transmission shift linkage out of adjustment.

The above does not explain your leak and only relates to your complaint that manual shifting to 1st gear does not work.

Old 08-17-2020, 03:07 PM

i mentioned that on the 6th post. yet we are still here.......

Quick Reply: Need some help with new Hummer H3 fluid leak transmission?