PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by H32006
The old Hummer dealership in the area turned into a lumber yard.

With the oil change came a tire rotation, so that might explain the SERV TPM coming on.

Thanks.
You said you're in Los Angeles? I'm in Sherman Oaks and if I'm not mistaken there's a Cadillac dealer that was a Hummer dealer here on Ventura Blvd. I'm curious to know where your usual place is (the 100mile drive) just in case I need a trustworthy shop.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:18 PM
Default Updated!!!

Brought the truck in to another dealer after searching high and low.

For those who don't want to follow the whole thread, 2010 H3 Alpha, 33K miles, always serviced, etc. Last was an oil change that turned into a transmission issue, brake issue, etc. THORSON (STAY AWAY FROM THIS DEALERSHIP), was looking for some $3500 to make repairs to a warrantied vehicle that had none of these issues prior to them touching the H3. They were pressuring my wife to handle this now and she called me. The prior service done at a great place (JESSUP) within 6 months, there were no signs of any of this.

TODAY:

Looks like the transmission case has mysteriously cracked and filled the engine with transmission fluid. The CV joint and hub bearing were also mysteriously cracked. And the tire pressure indicator was somehow broken. Thankfully all covered under warranty and will be without my H3 for over a week (they are covering a rental as well). This is absolutely criminal, in my opinion, and there is no way for me to do anything, but all this from a freaking oil change and tire rotation at Thorson (GMC, Buick, Chevy).

If you find an interest in this, read through the thread, but today my faith in a GM service dealer was restored and once the job is done, will share with others about them.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:46 PM

Glad to see that you found a dealer with some intrgrity who "found" the issues that may have been man made.

A good dealer is worth the drive!!! It should feel like a brand new rig when you get it back.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:51 PM

Story has ended yet. Just picked up the H3 after 11 days at the new dealer. Had them replace the pads as a thank you for working on the vehicle. Was happy to get behind the wheel again and about 75% of the way home, SERV TPM pops back up. Got it home, called OnStar to run a diagnosis, they said tires were fine, etc. Decided to back the vehicle out of my drive way to see if the clicking/ rubbing sound was gone and it was still there. Of course it is after hours by the time I got it home, so will have another go at it tomorrow. According to the work order they replaced the left front outer C.V. boot (noise was and still is coming from the right front wheel...) Later in the work order it states right front bearing noisy and loose and they replaced the right front hub.

CODE C0760 left rear sensor low voltage- battery is listed on the work order.

The big one was pulling the tranny and taking it apart completely, replaced radiator, hoses, flush heater core, etc.

thoughts anyone?

Old 01-11-2014, 12:21 PM

Time to close the loop!

Gave up with the local non-Hummer service places and took it down to where it I got it.

Vehicle in on 1/2 and back in my hands on 1/7.

Knocking is gone, they replaced:

- Tire Pressure Monitor (it had been on since May 2013)
- CV Boots (inner and outer) that were missing clamps or had a hole in it (how?)
- Replaced steering rack

Aside from a few other minor warranty items, they got it done and the H3 is driving and sounding like it did when I got it. I don't think I can go anywhere else.

The dealer and service place is called Jessup in Palm Springs.

9 months of issues handled in 5 working days.