PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

My hummer h3 destroying my life

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 11:53 AM

I have noticed in mine if you let it sit without setting locking it, The alarm goes off when you open the door after a certain amount of time.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:56 AM

once more, the solution for today, put a switch in the horn wire.
later,after a good night sleep, find the solution by trying some of the other ideas.

if there is no cure, you have the horn switch.

a really smart guy would put a pressure switch in his seat so the horn would be enabled only when he was in the seat!

think,,

later

missed this,
"I have noticed in mine if you let it sit without setting locking it, goes off when you open the door after a certain amount of time. "

not mine,i think it locks itself,?,in time.
now I will check....

Last edited by happythree; 06-03-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:06 PM

I agree with putting a switch inline with the horn. I never use my horn, so that is exactly what I would do if I had this problem and couldn't solve it. But first I would try the previous suggestion of removing the batteries from both key fobs (if you have 2), to see if some how they are sending a signal unintentionally.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:29 PM

Double check all your door jamb switches. I had one fail in the ON position once. The alarm system reacted as if a door was opened as it should have. If you have the factory alarm, there are no shock sensors, only the 5 door jamb switches. If you are getting 5 low volume horn beeps before the loud ones, that is the pre-alarm. If you go immediately to the loud ones, that is likely your panic alarm. Good luck.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by RKSmith163
If you have the factory alarm, there are no shock sensors, only the 5 door jamb switches.
Good info, I've wondered about this myself.

Old 06-04-2013, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by RKSmith163
Double check all your door jamb switches. I had one fail in the ON position once. The alarm system reacted as if a door was opened as it should have. If you have the factory alarm, there are no shock sensors, only the 5 door jamb switches. If you are getting 5 low volume horn beeps before the loud ones, that is the pre-alarm. If you go immediately to the loud ones, that is likely your panic alarm. Good luck.
that is what i get 5 low beebs before it goes loud

today it's more developed , when it happened i go and turn it off then i leave after 5 mins it just returns again so i spent 30 mins before i finally remove the car battery

Old 06-04-2013, 04:35 AM

Guyz please
one simple question

i want to remove that alarm and keep the horn
i want to remove that panic alarm from my car at all
hoooow???

Old 06-04-2013, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by sheeko29
Guyz please
one simple question

i want to remove that alarm and keep the horn
i want to remove that panic alarm from my car at all
hoooow???
You already said you took it to a "hummer professional workshop".
Take it back to them and ask them. If you need to look somewhere else for answers, they probably aren't "hummer professional".

Old 06-04-2013, 07:45 AM

It's not your panic alarm going off it is the intrusion alarm. Again...check your door jamb switches and connectors. You could replace all of them for less than $40.00. Have you ever noticed the DOOR OPEN message on your DIC? Just trying to help here. I would rather try to fix something than do a work around.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:01 AM

jfwiw, I left my h3 unlocked for ? 3 hours,pushed no remote buttons, opened the door, nothing happened, no beeps.

Quick Reply: My hummer h3 destroying my life