PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My hummer h3 destroying my life

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 07:14 AM
Angry My hummer h3 destroying my life

Dear All ,
sorry for the shocking title
but i have a problem with my 2007 H3
THE PANIC ALARM JUST GOES ON ITSELF IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AND IT DOESN'T STOP TILL HE WOKES ALL THE BUILDING AND PEOPLE ARE HATING ME NOW FOR MY CAR
I WENT YESTERDAY TO HUMMER PROFESSIONAL WORKSHOP ( I SUPPOSE )
THEY CHECKED THE SENSORS , FUSE BOX AND THE COMPUTER AND THE CENTER LOCK SENSORS THEY TOLD ME THEY CHECKED EVERYTHING AND NO PROBLEM THEY FOUND
THEY TOLD ME WE REPROGRAMMED THE COMPUTER JUST TO MAKE SURE IT'S OK
TODAY I FOUND THE PROBLEM AGAIN AND MY MANAGER TOLD ME TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM OR CHANGE MY CAR CAUSE THE NOISE IS SOOOO MUCH

PLEASE GUYS YOU HELP TO FIX THE PROBLEM OR DISABLE

Old 06-03-2013, 07:33 AM

Here's your solution- Stay up all night and catch whoever is setting your alarm off. You make it sound like it only happens at night, so do the math. Someone is messing with you.

Look for the tree-hugger driving the Prius.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:00 AM

1, just how would someone set it off?

2, wonder if you could just unplug,put a switch in the horn wire.

3, think,,,

Old 06-03-2013, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by idahoglocker
Here's your solution- Stay up all night and catch whoever is setting your alarm off. You make it sound like it only happens at night, so do the math. Someone is messing with you.

Look for the tree-hugger driving the Prius.
Exactly what I was thinking, but as happythree asked I don't know what it takes to set off the alarm. Certainly breaking a window and opening the door would do it. Unlocking the door with the key and not unlocking with key fob or putting the key in the ignition and turning it on in time. But I think he'd notice these.

Can you set off the alarm in an H3 by slapping the hood, jumping on a bumper, or some other "not getting inside and not causing damage" way?

Old 06-03-2013, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by happythree
1, just how would someone set it off?

2, wonder if you could just unplug,put a switch in the horn wire.

3, think,,,
Good point. He did say "panic alarm", so I don't know how you would set that off without the key fob. But why would it only do it at night, or only at the apartment? Try parking it somewhere else over night and see if it still happens.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:50 AM

no Guys i mentioned day and night it just goes off without any clue that anybody touched it
and i sent it to professional workshop but didn't find any problem
yes i don't have anti theft alarm it's just the panic alarm like any original H3

PLEASE IF ANYBODY KNOWS THE SOLUTION OR HOW TO DISABLE THE PANIC ALARM PLEASE TELL ME
EVEN THE FUSE IS FOR BOTH THE HORN AND ALARM SO I CAN'T REMOVE IT

Old 06-03-2013, 09:08 AM

A short term fix might be to disconnect the battery at night. That won't solve the problem but it might make your neighbors happier.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:13 AM

Until you get this resolved, you can lock your truck with the key only and it will lock the truck, but not activate the alarm feature. Don't use key fob. Page 98 of your manual.
Until it gets fixed to your satisfaction, it will at least keep your neighbors happy
Good luck.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:20 AM

pull the horn fuse until it gets figured out

Old 06-03-2013, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by sheeko29
no Guys i mentioned day and night it just goes off without any clue that anybody touched it
and i sent it to professional workshop but didn't find any problem
yes i don't have anti theft alarm it's just the panic alarm like any original H3

PLEASE IF ANYBODY KNOWS THE SOLUTION OR HOW TO DISABLE THE PANIC ALARM PLEASE TELL ME
EVEN THE FUSE IS FOR BOTH THE HORN AND ALARM SO I CAN'T REMOVE IT
Ah, sorry, I missed that part. Try this - pull the battery out of your key fob(s). I know my key fob panic alarm is stupid sensitive. I'm not really sure if I hit the button, or just squeeze/bump the fob just right but I manage to set off my panic alarm 2 or 3 times a month just having the fob in my hand or putting it in my pocket. Your fob may be in worse shape than mine and just randomly sending the panic signal.

Quick Reply: My hummer h3 destroying my life