PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My H3 stalled

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 09:56 PM
Default My H3 stalled

I was going up a very steep road the other day and my H3 just stalled. Was this something I did or is this out of the norm? I looked in the manual and was unable to find anything about this or maybe just overlooked that section. What should I do or know for the future?

Old 07-26-2007, 06:48 AM
Default RE: My H3 stalled

first thing you should do is restart it

Old 07-26-2007, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

My 07 stalled ONE time. After sitting all day while I was at work, went to go home, it fired up as usual and about a 2 seconds later it quit. It took about 10 seconds of cranking to restart. It was just a regular day, not freezing cold or anything???? NEVER happened again. If it does, I will bo going to the dealer for a look see, and I would suggest the same for you. Thanks Importkiller, I am sure Adventureguy just got your message by wireless, and restarted!

Old 07-26-2007, 10:34 AM

listen...thats some good damn advise I gave! THat's the first thing you should do when you stall, or you'll look kind silly sittin still in the middle of the road. Other than that it's kinda obvious to most people that you should either 1..contact onstar and have the run a diagnostic or if you no havey onstar, then the computers gonna have to be checked for codes by a dealer if you have warrenty or by any mechanic with the right equip....sorry I thought it was pretty obvious.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

I'm with ya Bro. Anybody else ever have a stalling episode???????

PS. I got a cell phone. Don't need no stinkin onstar.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:53 AM

onstar is much more than a phone service.... I like a few of the features they give you....unlock your doors in seconds if you lock the keys in the car, neer have to figure out where you are if you get into an accident or break down, onstar gps will find you and get you help..the diagnostic check is a cool service that saved me a few times. lots of cool things with onstar.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Adventureguy, Importkiller made a good point. If you have onstar (new vehicle or ******** subscriber) run the diagnostic check and see what's up, if anything. Post back if you find something.

Always remember to wash your hands after you **** ON JAP CRAP!

Old 07-26-2007, 12:29 PM

You two need to get a room....

Old 07-26-2007, 12:33 PM

Not sure if you know but the Onstar phone is like 10X stronger than any hand held cell phone ever made. Even the bag phone wasn't this strong. Onstar is very valuable incase you are out in the boonies and your cell doesn't work. I think the 200 or whatever it is a year is well worth the peace of mind.

My H3 seems to stall (spit and sputter) anytime I come to a quick stop. Has done it since new but has never died. Don't know what it could be but until something happens I guess I just have to wait.

Adventureguy is yours a 06 or an 07? Auto or stick?

Old 07-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

I have been offroading in places that make the boonies look like the Walmart parking lot25 years plus before there were any cell phones, or onstar. For those of you who can't find yer car when you come out of the grocery store, thank god technology has advanced to assist you. If I'm stupid enough to get burried without other vehicles on hand, and believe me, I am,and there is no cell service, I can go retro. WALK OUT. I'm mature now, more careful, but can still walk.I don't need no stinking onstar. If others like it, Bravo. Please enjoy. $200.00 is good beer money, and onstar ain't buyin.

I feel better. Good post jbnjc123, "Adventureguy is yours a 06 or an 07? Auto or stick?"