Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

My first H3 - XM radio question

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2022, 10:05 AM
Default My first H3 - XM radio question

Hi all,

I'm new here. I've always wanted a Hummer, and Saturday I purchased a used H3 Alpha. I absolutely love it. It came with a trial of SiriusXM for 3 months. Now I've never had the service, but it's fairly simple to follow the activation instructions it seems. The H3 has an aftermarket AVH-2400NEX Pioneer unit. The SiriusXM icon is grayed out. I've spent time trying to Google a fix. The vehicle also has the Monsoon sound package. The best I can gather is that the factory XM tuner isn't compatible with aftermarket units? Please correct me if that's wrong. In this case is there a particular unit (tuner) I should purchase that works with aftermarket units? I haven't checked any wiring, but the person that put it in also put in a forward facing camera in the rear bumper...so everything is reversed of course. I ordered a rear facing camera to correct that.

Any advice or tips in figuring out how to fix the XM issue are super appreciated. I've never had a vehicle with XM so it's new to me. I don't HAVE to have it, but when things don't work it bothers me. There's also engine whirring noise from the speakers. I'm hoping someone didn't just splice wires and used the proper aftermarket wiring harness like an adult. I know that's typically a ground issue, so I dread kind of seeing if it was done properly.

Really love this, only want to add a black brush guard and a flowmaster so I can hear that v8 hum I like so much.

Old 03-07-2022, 10:07 AM

This is an 08, forgot to add that in just in case it's relevant to the issue.

Old 03-07-2022, 01:15 PM

Thank you