Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Mpg

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2023, 04:14 PM
RVR

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
07 did not offer back up cameras. That started in 08 with those big goofy rear view mirror things. Hummer H3 Reverse Camera Review
WOW.

That's the first I've ever seen those. They are BIG TIME FUGLY. I wasn't aware the tiny screen was attached to the mirror instead of part of the dash. I'm now glad I don't have the factory option.

Even inexpensive present-day cameras would be far better than whatever would have been installed in '07 when my '08 was assembled. I have to determine what new stereo, with video input of course, will be the best for me. I assume I can utilize the existing wire in the wiring harness.

Old 12-01-2023, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Golden Hurricane
Hummerz,

If you are implying that my tires are worn out...they were installed the day before I purchased the H3 in Lubbock, Texas. Mileage was: 74,515. Today: 78,503. That's only 3,988 miles since they were brand new. I simply cannot imagine how you "assumed" these tires are worn!
Your assumption certainly does not vindicate your pontificating post! Yes, you are a knowledgeable person when it comes to Hummers...but, you sometimes seem to be looking for the chance to jump on a post for purely personal reasons.
It is a sad state when a member posts information that is viewed as a TARGET for immediate reprisal.

Too many bragging about MPG that are NOT true! Did you measure the circumference of your "Not your father's Oldsmobile" passenger tires? Your pic shows worn/uneven tread:

Worn/undersized tires, increase revolutions per mile!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-07-2023, 05:35 PM

I certainly wouldn't bet any money on the condition of those tires based on a slightly blurry picture, but...

Old 12-08-2023, 01:00 AM

Those look like car tires almost; no wonder you have good gas mileage.

You get something like a Nitto Trail Grappler and watch your MPGs drop:

Old 12-08-2023, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by 650Hawk
I certainly wouldn't bet any money on the condition of those tires based on a slightly blurry picture, but...
You hit the proverbial nail on the head! Not only is the photo imperfect, there is a small edge of tiny gravel between our concrete driveway and the asphalt street. As I am see in the imperfect photo, lots of time travel stick to the tires...which also makes it worse when someone "enlarges" the pixels.
Also, let's use facts: these tires in the photo are the same size (18") that GM supplied with this special model. They ARE NOT 16" tires!
Further, my post was simply information about MY vehicle...I offered no comparison to any other H3 but people seem to need to issue stern comments and utilize HUGE script sizes to validate their claims.
Geez, I have more productive things to do with my time!
So, everyone needs to simply STFU and get over it!
Enjoy your day!

Old 12-08-2023, 07:04 PM

You hit the proverbial nail on the head! Not only is the photo imperfect, there is a small edge of tiny gravel between our concrete driveway and the asphalt street. As I am see in the imperfect photo, lots of time travel stick to the tires...which also makes it worse when someone "enlarges" the pixels.
Also, let's use facts: these tires in the photo are the same size (18") that GM supplied with this special model. They ARE NOT 16" tires!
Further, my post was simply information about MY vehicle...I offered no comparison to any other H3 but people seem to need to issue stern comments and utilize HUGE script sizes to validate their claims.
Geez, I have more productive things to do with my time!
So, everyone needs to simply STFU and get over it!
Enjoy your day!
87.octane. MPG -17.32
Stop posting bs!
My '07 very well maintained/tuned, is riding on 33's overinflated to 38psi. Clean air intake, clean valves, all brake calipers release properly(no drag), REDUCED curb weight:>rear seats, spare tire/mount, nerf bars, removed,,,, Myself @190lbs driving without a payload, my 3 peaks at 16mpg with 93 octane!

Old 12-08-2023, 07:46 PM

Some people are sooooo funny here! ROFLMAO

Old 12-09-2023, 11:02 AM

Hummerz, maybe you should drop back to 265s tire size to pump up your MPG.

Old 12-09-2023, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Justinh
Hummerz, maybe you should drop back to 265s tire size to pump up your MPG.
I'm content with ACTUAL MPG on my oem 285's! My daily driver odometer slowed down when I retired and currently closing in on 94k:

Old 12-13-2023, 11:15 AM

Oh gosh! Gas was cheap: $2.459.per gallon. H3 only took 9.569 gallons. Based on odometer reading, 175 miles since previous gas stop indicates 18.29 MPG.
This is not bragging or being posted to make me feel better than someone else. Just something interesting to me. Enjoy your day!

Quick Reply: Mpg