Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Midwest Polar Vortex

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 01:54 PM
Default Midwest Polar Vortex

I live in the Midwest and bc of the polar vortex the past couple of days my driver side door has expanded, I’m assuming bc of the drainage tube. Every time I open and close the door it bends the adjacent piece of metal. I’m wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Also does anyone know how I could prevent this from happening again? Thank you!

Old 02-02-2019, 10:55 AM

Wow!
I'm grateful that didn't occur for me. That is a real pizzzzer...
I believe your going to want to take that to a body shop and have them figure out what happened. I personally haven't seen that before.
There is a underlying cause I'm certain but I don't think drain tubes would swell that extreme. Jmho

Old 02-02-2019, 11:36 AM

Yea, it didn’t start off this bad. The gap is only that big bc every time I would open the door it would bend the other piece down. I was trying to be careful but it was unavoidable. 😕

Old 02-03-2019, 12:18 PM
Default Probably the drain was clogged!

Sorry to hear, it really sucks!
Most likely what happened was the drain at the bottom of the door was clogged and the doors on the Hummers are so watertight that if the drain is clogged they can hold a lot of water, to me it happened once and imagine the water level that by the mirror got rusted from the inside out.
To prevent that to happen aha just pay attention to any noise of water when opening and closing the doors and using a pice of wire or a unbend wire clothes hangers incert it into the drain holes and swing it a little.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:45 AM
Cool

The only problem I had was all my doors were frozen shut. In NJ we had lots of rain hours before the temps dropped. I wound up using a hair dryer and getting things so I could pry the door open and then let it run for 45 minutes and warm up so I could finally open all the doors and operate the windows. For an off road vehicle it's amazing to see just how much water can seep into the door seals.

Old 02-06-2019, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by JakeH2
Sorry to hear, it really sucks!
Most likely what happened was the drain at the bottom of the door was clogged and the doors on the Hummers are so watertight that if the drain is clogged they can hold a lot of water, to me it happened once and imagine the water level that by the mirror got rusted from the inside out.
To prevent that to happen aha just pay attention to any noise of water when opening and closing the doors and using a pice of wire or a unbend wire clothes hangers incert it into the drain holes and swing it a little.
ok thank you!

Old 02-08-2019, 02:07 PM

Have you been able to figure anything out yet?