Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Master Window Control Button Lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 12:58 AM
Default Master Window Control Button Lights

Hi, I'm having a minor problem with my 2006 H3 driver-side electric master window controller. - The small light slots on the buttons for the two front windows do not light up. The rear ones do, but the small slits on the two front buttons do not emit light.

I looked the part up on the Internet and I don't see any bulbs. It looks like a sealed unit. Are there small bulbs within the part? Can they be replaced? Is this something that is fixable, or would I need a new master window controller to fix this problem?

I wouldn't want to change out the entire part just for the small lights, but I would like to fix it if this is possible.

Thank you for your advice,
Fulano

Old 12-02-2014, 07:40 AM

do a search within the forum...there is ton of great info in here...follow the link and towards the last few pages it talks about lights someone used for their door/window switches...

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...removal-16478/

Old 12-02-2014, 06:51 PM

Thanks Odimus. Will do.

This is a great forum People really do help other here - unlike other forums I've seen, this one is really cool.

Thanks,
Fulano

Old 12-03-2014, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mr_Fulano
Thanks Odimus. Will do.

This is a great forum People really do help other here - unlike other forums I've seen, this one is really cool.

Thanks,
Fulano
I've saved some money by reading the forums here...

Old 12-03-2014, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mr_Fulano
Hi, I'm having a minor problem with my 2006 H3 driver-side electric master window controller. - The small light slots on the buttons for the two front windows do not light up. The rear ones do, but the small slits on the two front buttons do not emit light.

I looked the part up on the Internet and I don't see any bulbs. It looks like a sealed unit. Are there small bulbs within the part? Can they be replaced? Is this something that is fixable, or would I need a new master window controller to fix this problem?

I wouldn't want to change out the entire part just for the small lights, but I would like to fix it if this is possible.

Thank you for your advice,
Fulano

Here is where I bought the bulbs used in the window switches.
yes, they are easily replaced. Pry up the switch housing, carefully !!!!
Then unscrew the base of the switch module and you will see the bulb bases.
Unscrew old ones and replace and reassemble
These bulbs come with the twist in base and the bulb condom for the correct color.
Buy more, because others will burn out over time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hummer-H3-20...130cf1&vxp=mtr

Here is a better price and just reuse the blue condom from the old bulb

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251327067799...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Last edited by wfturner; 12-03-2014 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:50 AM

I LOVE this forum! I assume the switches were sealed until I read this thread. AWESOME!

Old 02-25-2015, 12:37 AM

Has anyone had the experience of ALL the lights on the drivers door instrument panel not working? All the switches function fine. None of the lights work. Can't be a coincidence that they all went out rite? Is there a wire I should be looking for delivering power to them?

Old 02-25-2015, 02:22 PM

Mine were all burned out 07 / H3 And replaced all with the ebay bulbs. I removed the blue rubbers on the bulb so they would be brighter they now glow orange and are brighter now.

Old 09-20-2018, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by AR15wheeler
Has anyone had the experience of ALL the lights on the drivers door instrument panel not working? All the switches function fine. None of the lights work. Can't be a coincidence that they all went out rite? Is there a wire I should be looking for delivering power to them?
I have same problem any solution?

Old 09-21-2018, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Ricardo Andres Chaparro
I have same problem any solution?
Doc, won't like me responding to this four year old post, but . . .

Here are the bulbs you need to fix the burned out ones in the light switches.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hummer-H3-2...d=271657929969

The entire switch assembly can be pried out carefully from the door panel, then unplug the connector and remove the switch assembly
The bulbs are accessible from the back side of the switch and these new ones come with their own base and just unscrew old bulbs half a turn.
These new bulbs will be hard to find after a while, get them while you can

Quick Reply: Master Window Control Button Lights