Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

I really need help please!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 10:08 PM
Default I really need help please!!

I have a 2006 h3 which I believe is the luxury option, but not sure sure about the adventure pkg. I bought my h3 last month and unfortunately the dealer has had it more than me. They can't figure out the issue so I am hoping someone has an idea.
I will be driving and motor will Rev up like vehicle is in neutral, pull over and sit for couple minutes and will drive fine for a couple days. No rhyme or reason when it happens. Just want to fix my hummer! Help!

Old 12-25-2018, 10:24 PM
Default Sorry forgot some details...

H3 has 138,000 miles on it. Dealer did a transmission flush and filter. Fluid was red and nothing in filter.

Old 12-26-2018, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator

Who is "they" that can't figure it out? If it the people who sold it to you, and they say they changed the transmission fluid/filter just before you bought it. What would you like to bet it had a transmission issue when they got it and they tried the Hail Mary hoping fresh fluid and filter would get you far enough down the road that they would not hear from you. They do not want to foot the rebuild cost so they act stupid.

Take it to a transmission shop, when your vehicle stops moving and the engine revs, it is called a toasted transmission. A 4X4 GM truck with a 4L60E transmission will need a rebuild somewhere around 100-130K miles depending upon use, driving habits and maintenance, less if abused.

Old 12-26-2018, 05:54 PM
Default Thank you for quick response

To answer your question "they" are 2 gmc dealerships and 2 independent mechanics. There is not a dedicated transmission shop within a 100 miles of where I live and given current situation may not be good idea to drive that far. The flush and filter was done after I purchased vehicle
Thanks for info about transmission. I have had 2 suburbans and 1 silverado all with 300,000 miles on them with original transmissions. One of the reasons I picked h3 because it has the same as they did. Guess I was just lucky before

Old 12-27-2018, 05:09 AM

The transmission in the H3 kinda pulls double duty since the H3 runs in full time 4wd. Your Suburbans and Silverado run in 2wd until you engage the 4wd system. Someone correct me if I am wrong here please. Sounds like the dealer has passed on a problem child. In my experience, a transmission flush can do more harm than good. Stay on that dealership, make them make you happy. Good luck.

Old 11-23-2019, 10:51 PM
Dee

Originally Posted by Bluelucy
I have a 2006 h3 which I believe is the luxury option, but not sure sure about the adventure pkg. I bought my h3 last month and unfortunately the dealer has had it more than me. They can't figure out the issue so I am hoping someone has an idea.
I will be driving and motor will Rev up like vehicle is in neutral, pull over and sit for couple minutes and will drive fine for a couple days. No rhyme or reason when it happens. Just want to fix my hummer! Help!
I'm having similar problem. Did you find out to fix it?

Old 11-24-2019, 11:49 AM
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Dee
Thinking your trans needs help...

Old 11-24-2019, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dee
yes we did find the issue. Got it fixed and haven't had a problem since. It was the clip in the transfer case that holds the drive shaft in.