Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Hummer on right side lower

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Default Hummer on right side lower

Hi,

Is this normal?
The left side is lower then the right side.
I measure a 2cm difference.
I measured from te base off the rim to the base of the plastic above the tire.
Is it because my fuel tank is full that my car is more heavy on the left side?
But when i drive there is no problem. It keeps straight when i don't hold the steering wheel.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,

K.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:14 AM

It's not uncommon for H3's to be different heights on each side from the factory. You could fix this by leveling the front of your truck and then getting an alignment. Just do a search on the forums to find information about leveling your truck.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:16 PM

Yep, the fuel tank definately weighs down the drivers side rear. There's no easy way to level the rear.

You can offset it a bit by raising the drivers front a tad more than passenger front as suggested above, but you may not be able to completely eliminate it, especially with a full tank of fuel.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:30 PM

is it noticeably lower when you look at it from the outside? i think that i notice it on mine too but only when i stare at it. im sure the engineers in their infinite wisdom, considered this in the design......

Old 08-02-2012, 01:44 PM

Hey,

Thank you all for the respons.
Yes, when i look at it from the outside i see it is a bit lower at the right side.
But driving with it and sitting in it is no problem.
I think i leave it like that. The lights shine aligned and it drives good.
When i bought it, it passed the controle, so it must be allright. :-)

Thanks,

K.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

It is called the "GM Lean", when they had inventory on dealer lots over here many if not most of them had the lean.

There is a TSB on how to level the rear, and everybody (and their brother and his neighbor) all know how to level the front because there is 3 gazillion threads on leveling the front by torsion bar adjustment.

Essentially, in the rear, you loosen the leaf shackle bolts, get the rear bounced and wiggled around by doing some bumper monkey moves, you can also push against the side to get side to side movement, then re-check it. More bouncing/wiggling if necessary, when you get it where you like it, re-torque the shackle bolts to 85N-M/63lb ft.

The lean comes from strap down for freight and settling of the fresh suspension, and is supposed to be adjusted out in dealer prep.