Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

How to turn off the GM Passlock anti-theft system on a Hummer H3?

Old 08-25-2012, 04:38 PM
Default How to turn off the GM Passlock anti-theft system on a Hummer H3?

Almost everyday the security light flashes and the engine on my H3 starts and dies, after I wait ten minutes the engine starts. Thus, I would like to turn of this security system. Is this possible?

Thanks.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:02 PM

I have had the same problem several times this month. Looking myself to solve this. Mine is an 06.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:42 AM

No doubt your insurance premium is based on the car having a security system. If the insurer finds out you would not be insured against theft.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

All it takes is a search, try it. "passlock"

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...acement-25563/

Old 09-06-2012, 07:31 AM

Yep, search "passlock" and find 30 threads with 20 different ideas as to what is wrong and 20 ways to fix it.
I have yet to find a TSB from GM addressing this issue.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:30 PM

Well, I am looking at the title of the Hummer and I don't see GEICO or GM as owners, I doubt that I can get arrested for removing the unreliable GM Passlock anti-theft system from my Hummer H3

Many cars today are made without passlock keys such my 2003 F250 that is covered in the same policy where the Hummer is. I have GPS trackers on all my cars and OnStar on the Hummer and on my 04 Avalanche but I am not getting any insurance discount for that - I don't believe that the insurance premiums will raise a single penny for removing the unreliable GM Passlock anti-theft system on my Hummer H3, but if I have to pay more for the insurance in order to have a car that starts when I turn the ignition, will worth every penny - what doesn't worth a sh... is the GM anti-owner annoying device

The only thing that I can't handle is dealing with a car that you don't know when it will start or not is not.

It is not only an annoying, it is very unsafe and I will appreciate any help with completely removing it to see if I can keep the Hummer

I think that I am done with GM anyways (the GM Spanish translation is a bad word "BIG SH..."), first the Avalanche with a crazy instrument cluster and now the Hummer that doesn't start even when my name is in the title and I am holding the factory key. - Is that an "anti-theft" or "anti-owner" system???

Any help will be appreciated

Old 10-02-2012, 11:56 PM

Thanks for the email - This is exactly what I was looking for - sounds as a permanent solution to the GM no start problem

How to FULLY Disable Security in GM Cars and remove GM VATS PassKey and Passlock systems

Old 12-10-2012, 07:40 PM

PCMforless.com can program your pcm to ignore security signal and always have injectors on

Old 12-11-2012, 01:08 PM

The radio shop that installed my navigation says that the bypass kit that is installed with remote starters will work. Has anyone else tried this?

Old 07-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Default Just Installed NewRockies Pro Module

My 2007 H3 did a no crank on me twice after stopping, following 200 mile trips in Colorado. I thought it was the starter or solenoid, especially after noting that the gas lines were nearby to the starter. The dealer couldn't get to it for several days as they were backed up with ignition switch recalls, which should have been a clue for me. While waiting my turn at the dealers, I researched some hummer forums and discovered the Passlock problem and that others had problems with no fuel and or no crank.

Bottom line, I picked up my H3 from the dealer before any work was done, ordered a New Rockies PRO module for about $280, installed it and now am waiting to see how it works. So far, so good. Hardest part of install was finding the Body Control Module, BCM, which is on the passenger side, in front of the front door, just above the floor. Service manual is quite helpful. Five splices, one being kind of a challenge with the top c1 module, a 30 minute relearn and it started right up, several times so far.

I'm a recovering electrical engineer, and the New Rockies design seemed to make sense. Important to follow the times and sequence for the relearn cycle. With a 7 year old Hummer, I could a tried the 10 minute resets for awhile, but I decided to try for a more permanent fix, and the problem would have kept getting worse in the meantime. I'm very appreciative of all the earlier posts on the Passlock problem, and I hope this post helps others.

Mark in Colorado

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to turn off the GM Passlock anti-theft system on a Hummer H3?