Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Heater control bulb change. Dash removal

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by drtom
unless made for 12 v all leds need current limit res. typical,470 to 1200 ohms

look close for a flat side or short wire, the ground side

a regular led will be VERY brite, then burn out without a res.

tom

Thank you!

Old 05-04-2011, 07:20 PM

Hey ˇ I do the work like JENS said and works very good Thank´s JENS I save alot of money

;D

Old 05-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Talking

I do the work like JENS said and works very good thank´s I save a lor of money

;D

Old 06-13-2011, 12:00 AM

The job is easy enough to get to the bulbs on the circuit board and take them out, but, where do you buy the 12 volt .062 watt replacement bulbs to solder in? Don't see any doing a Google search.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:45 AM
Location: The Empire State... should be called The Nanny State

Originally Posted by BudRok
The job is easy enough to get to the bulbs on the circuit board and take them out, but, where do you buy the 12 volt .062 watt replacement bulbs to solder in? Don't see any doing a Google search.
In hummerrat's post above he said he used these and they work fine:
NeoWedge series LED Lamp Specifications
There are 3 different sizes of this type of LED. You want the NEO4 which is the 4mm one. I just oredered a cpl. for my truck. They're 12v so you won't need to worry about soldering any resistors. Read hummerrat's post above. He describes how you might need to rotate them to change polarity if they don't intially light up

Last edited by JCA1981; 06-13-2011 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention LED size
Old 06-13-2011, 09:06 AM

If/When you guys get these LED's, let us know how well they worked. Hummerrat commented about the color not matching the stock bulbs, so I'm curious about that, and light intensity. Thanks!

Old 06-13-2011, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by drtom
went to site,,looks like leds are mounted in plastic holder. do they come out ez for solder,or am missing something??

oh, places to look for elex stuff; jameco,,,digikey,,,mcm electronics
The 'plastic holder' is a bayonet mount that should twist right into the key way already in our circuit board (look closely at the pics from the thread where one of the members did the changeover). The plastic holder also has a built in resistor to allow the led to work with the 12v feed that went to the factory incandescent bulb. Should be Plug 'n Play.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by hummerrat
As with most of you I can't believe Hummer made the control assembly so that the bulbs could not be changed. I looked on this site and found "jens" reply with great photos on how to take the heater control assembly apart. Had I not found "jens" reply, I would never have tried to do this. I did it and it really was not hard. Kudos "jens" thanks. I did not want to solder in bulbs. I took the unit apart and measured the lamps and sockets. I found a company called "superbrightleds.com". Their "NEOx LED Instrument bulb-4mm" fit perfect into the circuit board. When I first put them in only one worked. If you have this problem you need to take the bulb assembly out and turn it 180 degrees. Now they all work perfectly. The bulbs cost $1.29 each plus shipping and handling. They come in all colors. I ordered the white and the ***** glow a nice blue. For $10.00 vs $425.00, I'm good with the blue.

Hope this helps.
drtom.... I agree, it WOULD seem like a miracle! That's why I asked the 2 members that ordered them to report back to us. Read Hummerrat's post. He said the ne04's fit perfect. Why do you think the circuit board might take ne05's?

Old 06-13-2011, 10:15 PM
Location: The Empire State... should be called The Nanny State

I ordered the green NEO4's. I'm going to wait to install them when I get an iSimple so I can use my iPod with the factory system. This way I'll do everything at once and won't need to disassemble that center section multiple times.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:32 PM

This kind of post makes this forum what it is..........AWESOME SUPPORT!

Quick Reply: Heater control bulb change. Dash removal