Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Heater control bulb change. Dash removal

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 09:40 AM
Thumbs up Helpful, but not correct

Originally Posted by Druth
Hey thanks for the post it was a great help. I have an 08 H3 which has socket type bulbs in the HVAC instead of soldered in. Can anyone provide a source for replacement bulbs and bulb specs. Were did you come up with 12v 0.62w? I wonder if my bulbs will be the same? Dealer doesn't sell replacement bulbs but will be happy to sell the entire control unit for $400 bucks.

Thx
I know this thread is old, long and I haven't read the whole thing BUT...the information in the beginning on how to remove the center console and instrument pod is helpful but those soldered in LED bulbs don't look right to me. If i had to bet, the poster bought his H3 used and this was an ""upgrade"" by the previous owner. What should be in there are T4/T4.2 Neo Wedge bulbs that can be found on Amazon for under $10. I'm about to replace these on ours and found this thread which was helpful but again, those soldered in bulbs are not factory. Hope this helps somebody...and no offense to the OP.

Old 12-06-2019, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jens
Hello guys,
on my 2006 H3 Lux (109k miles)a few bulbs in the HVAC, 4x4-Control and the powerwindow-control where broken.
Due to the fact that replacement-bulbs (with fitting socket) are not available in germany i replaced the bulbs with other lamps.

If you can solder, it's a very easy job and made in about a hour for only a few bucks. The bulbs are replaceable and you don't have to buy new parts if you are out of warranty.

First i started with the HVAC, to acces it, put your fingers in the power outletts of the center console and pull. So you can pull of the whole center console to acces the connectors of the HVAC. After unplugging you need a 7mm ratchet to remove the 4 screws of the HVAC.

The housing is closed with a few clips, you can remove with a flat screwdriver. After that you can see the bulbs.
Either you put replacement bulbs or you solder lamps in with 12V 0,62 Watts (I used this ones and they work fine.).

when you remount the HVAC, you have to take care that the front **** of the blower will allign with the switch on the back panel.

The 4x4-Control has only conventional lamps for the background light all others are led.

The 4x4-Control is mounted with 3 screws and the house is also mounted with screws. After unscrewing the housing you can pull the circuitboard out and acces the bulbs. Th ebulbs are soldered on the circuitboard. After unsoldering the old bulbs and resoldering the new ones you should put the light blue rubbers caps from the old lamps on the new ones, otherwise the light looks a little orange tinted.

Remount it and you're done.

The power window control has replaceable lamps, too. The have the same specs like the HVAC-Lamps. Only pull the Switchpanel out and you will see the bulbs mounted from the underside.

Hope i was able to help somebody, who is out of warranty, too.

Greets,

Jens
Originally Posted by DCH3#1
I know this thread is old, long and I haven't read the whole thing BUT...the information in the beginning on how to remove the center console and instrument pod is helpful but those soldered in LED bulbs don't look right to me. If i had to bet, the poster bought his H3 used and this was an ""upgrade"" by the previous owner. What should be in there are T4/T4.2 Neo Wedge bulbs that can be found on Amazon for under $10. I'm about to replace these on ours and found this thread which was helpful but again, those soldered in bulbs are not factory. Hope this helps somebody...and no offense to the OP.
If you would have read the post, you would have understood what the guy said (he is in Germany and can't get the socket bulbs so he is showing you pics of what he soldered in) and your comment to dig up this Dinosaur would not have been necessary.

READ: Old Threads/'Necro-Bumping'

Old 02-10-2020, 07:23 AM
Default Place to buy bulbs

I searched high and low for a place to buy the right replacement bulbs for h3 finally found a store that has it all the blue caps the works..https://www.jkllamps.com/.. They stock the t4s and incandescents, colored caps