Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Has Anyone Installed A European Headlight Switch?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2022, 10:07 AM
Default Has Anyone Installed A European Headlight Switch?

Has anyone in the states installed a European headlight switch in their H3? It seems you can fully turn the lights off manually and not have the auto sensor function.

Name:  75I1CWOh.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  232.4 KB

Old 11-09-2022, 10:17 AM

By the way what does that little button do on the lower left side? I didn't see anything about it in my manual/

Old 11-09-2022, 10:53 AM
RVR

With my '08 OEM switch, you can manually turn the headlights off by turning all the way to the left. The middle position gives you just the running lights, and all the way right, headlights on. Yes, it returns to auto at a new startup.

The 'little button' should be for the interior lights. One way (I think out), the lights come on when a door is opened, the other way (I think out), the lights remain off.

Old 11-09-2022, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RVR
With my '08 OEM switch, you can manually turn the headlights off by turning all the way to the left. The middle position gives you just the running lights, and all the way right, headlights on. Yes, it returns to auto at a new startup.

The 'little button' should be for the interior lights. One way (I think out), the lights come on when a door is opened, the other way (I think out), the lights remain off.
He is trying to avoid having to turn the **** to the left every start up and looking for a problem to a solution.

Old 11-09-2022, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
He is trying to avoid having to turn the **** to the left every start up and looking for a problem to a solution.
Correct... I want to only be able to turn the lights on when I wont them on... Lol But i'm not 100% the Euro switch will do that or not.

Old 11-09-2022, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

When you want them on, start it and go. When you don't want them on, start it and turn the **** all the way to the left and let go. Been driving H3s continuously since Feb. 2007, it's not a big deal.

About as close to what you are seeking is some guy on here wired in a small dash indicator light so when the headlights were the little light was on, that way he could remember to turn them off if he didn't need them.

One of our members is in Europe and has an 07 H3, PM H3Luxembourg or perhaps he will see this and chime in?

Old 11-10-2022, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
When you want them on, start it and go. When you don't want them on, start it and turn the **** all the way to the left and let go. Been driving H3s continuously since Feb. 2007, it's not a big deal.

About as close to what you are seeking is some guy on here wired in a small dash indicator light so when the headlights were the little light was on, that way he could remember to turn them off if he didn't need them.

One of our members is in Europe and has an 07 H3, PM H3Luxembourg or perhaps he will see this and chime in?
Yes, I know I can turn the **** every time I start the H3 but I shouldn't have to. Its a dumb design if you ask me. Every vehicle I've ever own which has been plenty it always gave you the option to have auto on or off.

I remember reading somewhere I believe in south Africa they have the option on their switch to turn auto on and off.

Old 11-12-2022, 12:55 AM

Make sure plug is the same

Euro headlight can be raised and lowered through headlight switch from the dash while US headlight as far as I know don't have this function

Old 11-12-2022, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mammoth H3
Yes, I know I can turn the **** every time I start the H3 but I shouldn't have to. Its a dumb design if you ask me. Every vehicle I've ever own which has been plenty it always gave you the option to have auto on or off.

I remember reading somewhere I believe in south Africa they have the option on their switch to turn auto on and off.
You are right, we can turn off auto on and we can completely make it off all the time

Old 11-12-2022, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mubarakma
Make sure plug is the same

Euro headlight can be raised and lowered through headlight switch from the dash while US headlight as far as I know don't have this function
Yes, that’s one of my concerns I’m a long time European car buyer and I have always replaced the headlight switch to a European spec which was always plug and play but not sure if that’s the case with the Hummer.

Originally Posted by Mubarakma
You are right, we can turn off auto on and we can completely make it off all the time
That’s perfect just the information I was looking for. I’m sure your switch looks like the one I have pictured above?Thanks

Quick Reply: Has Anyone Installed A European Headlight Switch?