Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Handling mods

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 06:59 PM
Default RE: Handling mods

Dear lord,
Thank you for wonderful beer and *****.

AMEN

Old 11-29-2007, 08:08 PM

I know, I know,...it's sacrilige. But after seeing the H3 Street prototype.............

The H3x started off as the H3 Street. It featured the spare tire carrier, body colored grill, brush guard, 18" wheels of the current H3x, roof rack, chrome package with gas cap, roofmarker lamps, DUAL sunroof, ...AND was slated to be fitted with the Ground Force kit. Apparently GM loved what it did for the car.

Neither the Ground Force kitor thedual sunroofmade it toproduction though, and the roofmrker lampsremained optional. And most of the H3 Street pictures you'll find don't enen show the car with the kit installed. Some of the designers that i chat with at the local cruize spots report having seen it that way though. (and by the way,...they knew full well the inside armrests / window switches sucked. There just wasn't enough money or time to fix them).

I thinkthe H3would look best with a 1.5" drop in the back,..and the front at factory height. I had it at 2" drop for most of my ownership with the front down 1/2". I just can't find any pics of it at that height. It was only a week after taking those pics that I raised the rear up an inch.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:18 PM

Well now i kmow God must not be a big Hummer fan. If so he would have struck you done with a bolt of lightning before you got near it with a wrench.But, I will admit it looks very good.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:05 PM

ORIGINAL: duckstu

I know, I know,...it's sacrilige. But after seeing the H3 Street prototype.............

The H3x started off as the H3 Street. It featured the spare tire carrier, body colored grill, brush guard, 18" wheels of the current H3x, roof rack, chrome package with gas cap, roofmarker lamps, DUAL sunroof, ...AND was slated to be fitted with the Ground Force kit. Apparently GM loved what it did for the car.

Neither the Ground Force kitor thedual sunroofmade it toproduction though, and the roofmrker lampsremained optional. And most of the H3 Street pictures you'll find don't enen show the car with the kit installed. Some of the designers that i chat with at the local cruize spots report having seen it that way though. (and by the way,...they knew full well the inside armrests / window switches sucked. There just wasn't enough money or time to fix them).

I thinkthe H3would look best with a 1.5" drop in the back,..and the front at factory height. I had it at 2" drop for most of my ownership with the front down 1/2". I just can't find any pics of it at that height. It was only a week after taking those pics that I raised the rear up an inch.
Don't worry ducky!! I'm on board and that's ALL YA NEED!!!![8D]

Old 11-29-2007, 10:31 PM

ORIGINAL: HummBob
Don't worry ducky!! I'm on board and that's ALL YA NEED!!!![8D]
Thanks Bob. Nice looking truck there. Wheels a bit big for my taste (and these detroit roads),...but looks sharp.

I keep looking at the 7 spoke 18" ones that are optional on the Hummer site. But they are brutally expensive. $2,200 for bare rims and nothing back for the stockers.

I find myself window shopping for wheels like these. $150 each at Discount Tire Direct (plus tires). But I can't rationalize it at this point. If there had been more selection in late 2005 I would have done it,...and ebay'd them off when I was done with the car. Now it's too late. I'll only havethe vehicleanother 10 months.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:07 AM

Bob likes, canadian beer, so therefore can't be trusted to say anything that makes sense.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

Oh ****, I like Canadian Beer too.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:16 AM

but you have senility to fall back on as an excuse . . . . . .

Old 12-01-2007, 01:25 PM

Whatever works, seems like the runs you make are "oh shEEEEt" runs to the depot, hence the lowering for handling and an easier load height. I probably would have just bought a travel trailer of some sort instead. But that's what great about the U.S.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:39 AM

There not really "Oh s___t" runs,...I have a business, and need go to Sams Club, Home Depot, etc on a regular basis. I HAVE to have something that can haul stuff.

Trailers are a poor option for me for 2 reasons. One being that you have to have a place to store the trailer,..and 2,..when I suddenly need to do an errand requiring a trailer, I can't just do the errand. RatherI first need to drive 1 hour round trip to myhoime to get the trailer. With a vehicle like this (or better yet a minivan),..I can just get in and go to the store.

Not to revive a dead thread for no reason,.but I finally got a good day (and remembered)to take a pic of what the car normally looks like at 2" rear drop (instead of the odd looking 3" rear drop).

It is down 2" in back from stock in this pic,..and probably 1/2" in front. It's hard to know because I didn't measure it stock in front.
Name:  H32indropfinal.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  99.2 KB

Quick Reply: Handling mods