Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

H3 Electrical problem or water short?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CrzyBld
Ok, so we cleaned and modified the sunroof drain tubes, dried out carpet, changeed out the battery connectors, even got a new main computer part ($500 bucks!) it's responsible for the electrical charging system. New battery, alternators good, so I was thinking it was all solved... But it would NOT start again tonight!!!! Now the "check service charge system" showed up, got it started, let it run, and it went out again. This same thing came on last time we jumped it, but when we get it to a garage to check what it means the light goes out! HELP! I'm so upset and frustrated! Never have I loved a car so much but been so worked over!!!
When a Check Engine Light (CEL) displays it placed a code in diagnostics memory which can be read with a scanner. Without what the code was/is, we won't be able to help much.

When you say main computer.... is that the PCM or the BCM. The sunroof leak can damage a BCM which is inside by the passenger kick plate. The PCM is under the hood by the windshield fluid tank, and the sunroof issue should not be a problem for the PCM.

What battery terminals did you use? Be aware the + and - battery terminals are different sizes (+ is always larger) so if you used 2 positive aftermarket battery terminals by mistake, you still have a loose connection to ground = charging system error.