Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

A good laugh !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 07:48 AM
Default A good laugh !!

I'm sure all of have seen the Carvana commercial about .."Sell us your car". Yesterday I put my info. on their site , just to see what the price would be. My car is '06..29K miles..(yes..29K) ..Luxury..Moonroof..Never ant accidents or paintwork..Never smoked in..and always garaged...and I've owned it 10 years...Their TOP DOLLAR OFFER..??..$5500...

Old 04-11-2019, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

$5501 here, plus lunch.

Old 04-11-2019, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by ozark1
I'm sure all of have seen the Carvana commercial about .."Sell us your car". Yesterday I put my info. on their site , just to see what the price would be. My car is '06..29K miles..(yes..29K) ..Luxury..Moonroof..Never ant accidents or paintwork..Never smoked in..and always garaged...and I've owned it 10 years...Their TOP DOLLAR OFFER..??..$5500...
I have never seen better proof for you to hold onto your H3

Old 04-11-2019, 05:41 PM

I'll give you $6K and a six pack of HEINEKEN.

Old 04-11-2019, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by wfturner
I have never seen better proof for you to hold onto your H3
agree, why sell it? If the Hummer brand never returns, we own collectibles, increasing in value over years!

Btw, to the OP, I pulled your specs and the current value on KBB:

Old 04-12-2019, 08:53 AM

Carvana and Carmax only pay wholesale prices for trade ins. They have no interest in potential collectible status, all they see is a 13 year old used suv. I doubt they will ever be that collectible, there are alot of H3's out there.

Old 04-12-2019, 09:49 AM
Thumbs up

I got a kick out of the offer. In 2009, I just HAD to have a Hummer. I bought this one from a friend who bought it new .Yellow/Parchment.. Like I said never hurt..never smoked in, etc. I drove it a couple times. My wife hates it because she can't see out of it. One of my daughters thought she wanted it..changed her mind..I have grand daughter that likes it..but I think she scared of it.SO...it's in the garage ..covered up...and I think the last time it was wet was 6-7 years ago. Hasn't even been washed it since then, and doesn't need it.. I guess if I started driving it..I would need new tires..It's still on original rubber...Maybe one of the kids will want it...someday !

Old 04-12-2019, 10:07 AM

I got a kick out of the offer. In 2009, I just HAD to have a Hummer. I bought this one from a friend who bought it new .Yellow/Parchment.. Like I said never hurt..never smoked in, etc. I drove it a couple times. My wife hates it because she can't see out of it. One of my daughters thought she wanted it..changed her mind..I have grand daughter that likes it..but I think she scared of it.SO...it's in the garage ..covered up...and I think the last time it was wet was 6-7 years ago. Hasn't even been washed it since then, and doesn't need it.. I guess if I started driving it..I would need new tires..It's still on original rubber...Maybe one of the kids will want it...someday !
Definitely needs tires. Your oe tires are pushing 14yrs old and its recommended to replace tires after 6yrs. I still have my original spare that I removed years ago along with the mount and planted in my back yard. Dated 2406. I drive without a spare.

Tire date explained:
The date of manufacture is the last four digits of the DOT code. The first two digits are the week of manufacture, and the last two digits are the year. For example, if the last four digits of the DOT code are 0203, that means that the tire was manufactured during the second week of the year 2003.

Old 04-12-2019, 04:10 PM

I guess if I started driving it..I would need new tires..It's still on original rubber...Maybe one of the kids will want it...someday !

OZARK1=Go get a set of tires, get it running good and make it your daily driver...ENJOY YOUR H3 !!

Old 04-12-2019, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by talusfan
I doubt they will ever be that collectible, there are alot of H3's out there.
Only 162k total manufactured, starting 14yrs ago. How many are "out there" today?

Last edited by hummerz; 04-12-2019 at 07:26 PM.

Quick Reply: A good laugh !!