Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Front drive line issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2021, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by gpcalero
Another potential issue you will want to look at is the lower ball joints. I have found that the AC Delco Professional lower ball joints come with a zerk fitting that either touches or comes infinitely close to the cv boot. That could definitely cause some damage.
my issue lies with the cv joint on the drive shaft not the outer axle shafts.

Old 07-17-2021, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Here.for.beer
So I have an 06 H3 with 123xxx miles. I’m having an issue with the front drive shaft. About a year or so ago the CV joint went out. I replaced just the joint. Then back in April I noticed the boot was torn and dry and beginning to make noise. I replaced it again. Yesterday I started hearing noise again so I looked under it and that boot is torn again. I grease the joint every time I’ve replaced it. What would cause these boots to keep tearing? At 194 bucks a crack I’m not too keen on replacing these things every few months.

thanks
If you still have the vehicle put together, can you post a video from outside the vehicle (helpful in hearing what the sound is). Also, does "the sound" get worse during any points of operation (like turning, full lock, going straight, etc.)?

Also, there are generic boots which can be fitted to replace our existing boots. They are pretty easy to replace but require a specific wrench to make it easy. If you entire axle assemblies are still good (aside from the boot), I suggest re-using the old assemblies.

Last edited by Dylan Rogers; 07-17-2021 at 01:59 PM.
Old 07-18-2021, 04:46 PM

So I have an 06 H3 with 123xxx miles. I’m having an issue with the front drive shaft. About a year or so ago the CV joint went out. I replaced just the joint. Then back in April I noticed the boot was torn and dry and beginning to make noise. I replaced it again. Yesterday I started hearing noise again so I looked under it and that boot is torn again. I grease the joint every time I’ve replaced it. What would cause these boots to keep tearing? At 194 bucks a crack I’m not too keen on replacing these things every few months.

thanks
Cool so this is a forum of dicks who got nothing better to do but pull there dick and give useless answers. I’ll remember that. Thanks for your help cuck...
Your BS don't add up! I've had numerous customers in past 40yrs, that couldn't afford replacing the axle/cv joint, due to a torn boot. I always advised them to wait until you here a clicking noise, many lasted 20k+ miles or more, before clicking noise occurred. Grease doesn't washout with water! Meet Dick, Here.for.beer

Last edited by hummerz; 07-18-2021 at 05:10 PM.